Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Crack

Did the title scare you a little bit? Last year I found this amazing recipe online for this "Christmas Crack" and do you know what I found out? Besides it being 100% addicting, I was the only person on the planet who hadn't heard of it. I know, right? Anyways this year I figure maybe, just maybe someone somewhere out there hasn't heard of it either and I could show them the goodness!

No, this is not a "how to stall your viewers post before the big giveaway tomorrow" nope, not at all.

Let's grab our ingredients shall we?

1 cup of butter (No I didn't say this was healthy for you)

1 cup of brown sugar

1 package of saltine crackers

1 package of semi sweet chocolate chips

Heat your oven up to 400 degrees and bring your butter and sugar to a boil in a sauce pan, while stirring for 3 minutes.


Align your crackers on a cookie sheet, you're supposed to use parchment paper or something of the sort I just spray mine with some non-stick spray and call it good.

Pour the mixture over the crackers and throw 'em in the oven for 5 whole minutes.

Once you take them out sprinkle the chocolate chips over the whole thing, let it set for a few minutes till the chips are soft enough to spread.








Throw it in the fridge (or freezer if your like me and want it N.O.W.) once it's hard break it up by hand. Yum yum yum.



I do things a tad different as once I'm done spreading the chocolate over the top I throw another layer of chips on it just to melt a tiny bit, it makes it thicker. I've googled Christmas crack and came up with a 7 layer one I'd like to try. But I'm pacing myself with this whole "kitchen, cooking, domestic" stuff. Also, I used chocolate chips and the peanut butter ones this time. Goodness, that's some good eatin'. You could use mint, or sprinkle candy cane bits on it too. The possibilities are endless!

Don't forget tomorrow's giveaway! It probably won't go up until the evening as I need to take some good pictures of it and well..it's 9:00 at night right now!

Good stuff. See you there.



The DIY Show Off

The Girl Creative









18 comments:

icandy... said...

YUM! I have to try this!
Thanks!
Christina

Vanessa said...

This looks great and easy enough that I think my boys would have fun baking this. Thanks for the idea!

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

This is one of my favorite recipes!! It's soo easy, and very yummy (AKA, ADDICTING!!!)

I laughed when I saw your post, as I knew exactly what you were talking about, lol!!

Blessings,
Cara

Emily Warren said...

I haven't heard of this either so don't feel like you are the only one. I am definitely going to try it now! Thank you so much.

welcometomyfrontporch said...

I love this sweet treat. I made some a few weeks ago and posted the recipe. You have inspired me to make more...although I don't need it with the holidays coming up. :)

Amber Filkins said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds so strange!! But no doubt, I bet it's really yummy! I just had hubby come over so he could look at it.

I didn't see a post for FMM, but since you gave the approval, I think I'll add this one to the food blog, if that's still okay.

Mandy said...

Looks tastey! I'm going to try hard not to make these...but now they're in my head and I'll bet eventually I make them!

Michelle@Everyday Celebrating said...

Glad you posted that! I had never heard of it either! Something fabulous to make for coworkers!

Annikke said...

This stuff is SO good. I can eat the whole pan myself!!!

akawest said...

The first time I tasted that, was at a bake sale for my daughter's school. She is 22, so this was a long time ago, and I still consider those crackers to be one of the best recipes in the world. Oh, Yummmm!!!

Staci K. said...

I have never heard of this either - but it sounds great! Salty / sweet is the best flavor combination!

Sara said...

I make this every year and it is gone in no time! SOooooo delicious!

Kate said...

Mmmm sounds so good! I think I will make this for my family's "cookie table" for next week!

Michelle Conolly said...

I haven't heard of this either, but will be making it very soon!

Its So Very Cheri said...

I have a similar but very different recipe. We love it

Cheri

Amber Filkins said...

I'm still laughing at this one! Christmas crack. I'll have to try it for sure!

Rhonda said...

I have never heard of this recipe before. Will have to try it! ;O)

Rhiannon said...

ive never heard of the stuff before either! just stumbled upon it today on your blog! gonna have to try some, looks like an easy one to whip up when its 8pm and someone wants dessert before bed!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin