Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas, Mom.

Welcome to my Mother's Living room.


It has good intentions, really. Nice high walls, lots of windows, a floor to ceiling fireplace. But, add some bachelor pad furniture, dark paint & high water curtains.. (Sorry Mom!) and it's lacking in it's true potential. I had a vision in my mind back in-- oh, October, or so-- about getting her a design consultation. With who you ask? Isn't it obvious?


Miss Layla really had her work cut out for her with this one. And, I think I can speak for everyone and say she did a phenomenal job! I wrapped up the pictures into a folder and when she got them, I think I almost saw a tear; a happy one of course! :)


She hasn't stopped talking about it since. Isn't amazing what a little paint and new furniture placement can do? I'm ready to get my whole house done!

4 comments:

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

It looks great and I love everything I've seen Layla do! Is your mom going to take her advice? It can be expensive to buy all new furniture, window treatments, blinds, paint, frames, plants, etc. But man does it look great all put together :)! Looking forward to seeing what happens.

Kathy said...

You are so good at gifts!! WOW!!
You just continue to top yourself!!

Yes, it would be expensive. I wonder if it could be done in a lot of little stages and with help:) What scares me even more is spending money without a cohesive plan and having a final product not worth it all. Layla is sooo good and so wonderful :)

Lettered Cottage said...

Hey Rachelle!

I'm so glad you're Mom liked the inspiration drawings. :-) When you said she wanted to get all new furniture, and that she loved your sectional, I knew I could put together a rock solid layout for her!
It's a great space and I can't wait to see what you guys do with it!

Thanks again,
Layla :-)

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Ok, so although my home looks nothing like your moms, I have that EXACT SAME armoire in my living room. And being that I cannot forsee us getting anything to replace it anytime in my life(thanks to a hubby who sees no need for such frivolity) do you have any ideas for how to transform it? Ive been praying that someone in blogland would paint one or redo it somehow so I could get some inspiration!
P.S. I just now found your blog(dont ask me how,LOL) and Im already a follower!
Sarah
handbagsnpigtails.blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin