Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Entry way take 2

I saved a ton o' inspiration pictures (and lost most of the sources-- if these are yours or you know who they do belong to-- drop a line and I'll give credit where credit is due!) when I was trying to decide what to do with our cramped little entry way. They might not make sense to you, but some crazy stuff goes on in my insomnia driven head and well, I don't hate it! I'm just hoping it all comes together and it doesn't resemble my idea folder thrown up all over my entry way.

This door. I'm in love. We have a door to the kitchen from the "Mud room" Think I can pull it off?

Yes, this is a dining room. I'm aware. Look at the letters though. I have big plans. Love how huge they are, such an impact.

Look at those little boy & girl signs! Adorable! And, the grates that the boots are sitting on-- LOVE! Michigan winters mean snowy icky boots. Can't stand going downstairs to do the laundry and having wet socks from someones slushy shoes.

source: homes.winnipegfreepress.com

Love the shelf in the first photo. And, the buckets in the third--just presh! :)


So there's a few lovelies.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll have phase three completed! Cross your fingers!

8 comments:

Robyn Crumby Photography said...

Love the mudroom sign! Very classy... and cute!

Jess said...

I have some of those same pic stored on my laptop is anticipation of redoing our mudroom. Have you been to Knock off wood? She has FREE!! plans for how to build those lockers.
Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the mudroom door! If only I had one... Can't wait to see what it turns out like!! Good luck!

Shannon said...

You probably have already heard this tip with all the research you've done, but those grates for the boots? Cooling racks work really well :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ooo---nice inspiration photos. :) I love the cute little doggy dishes in the last collage. :)

The Thompsons said...

Oh, I love it..I'm always look at "inspirational" blogs..I'm looking into the HUGE letters in my dining room too..going to put up.."HUNGRY?" ...corny? yes me? DEFINITELY!

Roeshel said...

I love your inspiration. That mudroom door is awesome. I have a door with a glass window out onto an enclosed porch that still needs a makeover. Mind if I swipe that idea too? ;) Don't worry - it'll be 10 years until I get to it. lol

I can't wait to see it come together. Knowing you, it's going to be fabulous!

Hope all is well!

Roeshel

Anonymous said...

you have a wonderful site!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin