Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lost in transition

Is it just me or is everyone cleaning like mad women out in blogland lately? I took a mini blog break to work on a couple things like finishing the laundry. Which inevitably lead to me hating 85% of my clothing and laying it all out and getting rid of it.

Seriously. 27 shirts, 7 pairs of jeans and 5 pairs of shoes. I don't know if I've shown my closet before but it's tiny. Like, shower stall size tiny. Our old apartment had a closet three times this size. I wont argue that it might be the reason our house is sitting on the market so long. It's very liberating to throw everything on the bed and say

"I don't need you, pink shirt."

"Size -1 jeans, I'll never fit in you again, let's be real."

Okay-- so my after picture. Remember, again and again-- I can't change the size of the closet but I can change the amount that goes in it! It might look cramped still to you, but compared to before, when the left over amount had to live in laundry baskets because I have too much STUFF.







Out with the STUFF. In with the things that matter, that's 2010.

7 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

You go girl! I need to do the same.

Mrs S said...

Good job! I would also recommend Huggable Hangers or the knock-offs they sell at TJ Maxx... They have changed my life :)

Robyn Crumby Photography said...

we are doing the same thing at our house... my side of the closet is organized... I'm still working on my husbands. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is ORGANIZING right now.

Tidy Brown Wren said...

I LOVE a clean closet. If you replace your colored hangers with all white ones (5/$1.00) it will make your closet appear a little neater. I always recommend this to my staging clients. It really makes a difference. Best wishes with your organizing projects.

Kathy said...

Aren't small closets the worst? I feel ya sister!! Looks great now though:)

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Looking good!!!

xo,
cristin

Shopper Gal said...

Way to make that space work for you and I like your attitude- out with the stuff! :)

Great post!
Shopper Gal
http://www.shoppergal.com/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin