Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bedroom redo

Well, the votes are in. Bedroom it is! You bathroom ladies (hehe) had some good pointers. But overall the consensus was that the bedroom project would be next. I'm a little excited. I've been saving a bit here and there for this room remodel fluffing since I knew that the shock of finding out how much bedding and accessories can really cost, might hurt Mr. P's brain. Let's look at some inspiration to get me goin'.

Loving these bed frames. They're far from bulky, so they'd work nicely in my teeny tiny room.

Creamy colored bedding.. mixed patterns.. planked walls. Goodness.

Baskets and painted furniture! Yum!

Hey, while we're at it-- a couple other mama's are working on their bedrooms too! It's like a party. Check out their inspiration posts too! Everyone has bedroom makeover fever! :)


photos: Country living & Pottery barn

13 comments:

Anny said...

I really love the first one! Shoot, I'm a woman who frequently window shops bedding and am still sticker shocked by it! Good fo you saving ;)

Unknown said...

Dang! I like all those pics! I think the one with the chandelier and the brick wall looks sooo neat! Would love that look in my room. I need to do something with our bedroom, but it might have to wait a few months. Have fun with your re-do! Looking forward to pics!

Nancy

Katie said...

Having just moved into the our home, I have been painting everything and what I have left are my bedroom, the bathrooms and my daughter's room. I'll have to tackle my bedroom next just so I can join in on the fun. :)

Jenn said...

I can't wait to see what you end up doing! I love all of your inspiration pictures. Our bedroom redo is at the top of the list to do. Once I finish my craft room that is...
I am in the same boat with how much bedding and etc. cost. I was actually thinking about it yesterday that I might buy really cute sheets and make my own duvet, we'll see if that happens!
Have a great day!

Kathy said...

I too was inspired by your inspiratons:) The first picture is porting my intial on the ngiht stand--is that a sign that it should be mine?

Sabrina said...

I just finished redoing out master and BOY was it worth it. The room had been a catch all for years. Now, it feels So nice and cozy to hit the pillows at night. Good luck with your redo!

The Runyans said...

oh, love your pics, by the way!

The Runyans said...

i'm working on ours, on a ZERO budget! fun, huh? lol!

when our old house sales, i'm hoping we can buy the furniture we want, then. right now, our matress and boxsprings on the floor will do!

he hehe!

♥Frann♥ said...

Lovely site yours,Congrats!..and a нαρρу ωσмαи'ѕ dαу тσ αℓℓ нєяє =D

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Allison @ http://www.houseofhepworths.com/

Chanin said...

I just madeover our bedroom too!! lol I just posted about it at http://chaninscorner.blogspot.com/2010/03/bedroom-makeover.html. Not quite as beautiful as these rooms, but it will do for now!! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Oh to have an exposed brick wall...sigh.

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hey girl--Just checking in and trying to do some visits and catch up on people. I love the corkboard and I love the color and shape of your baskets.

Don't forget to come over and re-sign up to follow me at the new site-- www.itssoverycheri.com

Cheri www.itssoverycheri.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin