Monday, January 17, 2011

Hallway extravaganza

So, we really started to buckle down on the hallway this weekend and I'm extreemely excited. It might be boring to you all but it's a project that had to be done and we walk in this area about 9.2 million times a day, give or take.

Remember the giant disgusting hole that was covered up by a vent? Well, we did some investigating and come to find out it's a return air vent, which just happens to be also on the otherside of the wall in our bedroom. Why they chose to bump out another hole I'll never know, but being that our house is so small and theirs a vent 2 feet over and one on the other side we made the executive decision to cover it up. Yeah I know. Oh well.. it was just too beat up to fix without just covering it.




So we did. And the trim was hella expensive but we only needed around 50 inches of it so it wasn't too bad. But this girl is used to using the plastic 2.00 trim, not 15.00.. Geesh! We still need to add some shoe to it so the bottom is covered up, and fix the chip in the trim above it from taking the old piece out, but to me it looks 100x better.


We picked up a few paint swatches too. Right now I'm leaning towards the Rice grain but the other ones that have a star are others I enjoy looking at. I know I want it to be lighter, brighter and cleaner looking. I'm sick of the fleshy dingy wanna-be-brown that is taunting me. I'm so technical I know.

The look similar on the computer but in real life they seem to be a lot lighter. 


We also built the doors for the built in, but those deserve a post of their own. It's coming together ya'll.. It's coming together.



8 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Very nice Rachelle! That's going to make such a difference! Can't wait to see the paint and doors too!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Great job! Why is it that the little things take so long to do? I can't wait to see what color you decide on. Are you using SW paint? That way I can bring out my paint deck, if I can find it, and take a peek. I need to do some painting here.

Unknown said...

so much work! you guys are rocking it! can't wait to see more as it comes along :)

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

It's going to look great when you're finished.

Megan said...

It looks better already! I know the feeling...the house we bought last summer is still missing baseboards down the right side of the hallway. We should probably get on that.

Candace said...

What is the middle swatch from lowes? I looks like my old master bedroom and I loved the color!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Looks great!

Katie said...

You are doing an awesome job. :) I can't wait to see the finished product. We painted and got our hallway all done and now we need to figure out some way to spruce it up other than just four rag tag mismatched rugs.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin