Monday, March 14, 2011

Let there be LIGHT!

Hallelujah! We have a light, a working switch on, switch off light. Fancy stuff.  The fantastic Electrician Mike, along with his wife own their own company- hooked..me..up! If you're in the SW Michigan area check it out! They just started a Facebook page-- show some love!

 *Before we started fixin' up the little space*



He had to snake the wires though the wall so there are some holes, but that's nothin' after a little patch job. Which means I can finally PAINT and hang my pictures up and have a completed area of the house. Done and done. It will feel very good to walk through it 1.2 million times in one day. :)






You might recall I wanted to put this light up. I did, and I bought it but it was a few inches too long to put in. The door would have shattered it. Boo, I know. But, I think I might use it in a different area anyways. So we went with the standard 20.00/for two light that looks like a woman's body part. ha. But hey, the finish matches the door handles. All good in my book, I'm just happy to have a working light.






 I really love this picture but I think it might be too much for the little space. BUT on the other hand, it might be kind of cool to have it start on this wall and trail it's way up the stairs too. Hmm. 

So, I've been thinking of doing a mini-photo wall. As you know the first thing you see in the hallway is my birds, would the photo wall be too much? Stick to something small? Nothing at all? Help a girl out. I don't want it to be too "heavy" but I also don't really want it to be naked.


Woman's body part and Naked in one post. Google is going to have a field day.

Oy.

Hey Creepers!

So photo wall yes? No? Maybe so? Stick with all one color frames? White? Black? Wood tone, mix? I'm already starting to freak out over it.

Stop it Rachelle, stop it.

12 comments:

Kristen @ Who's Watching the Baby? said...

Is your wall painted? I'd go with white frames, but I like white and black. Wood tones stress me out, because I like them to match perfectly, and... Yeah.

You've already got birds, so you can't really go wrong.

Ange said...

I have a b**b light as well. Is that inappropriate? Oh wait, that's my middle name, inappropriate. Anyways, back to you. The hallway looks great and I love love love the gallery wall idea. I did all black frames in my hallway and I wish I would've mixed in some color or white with it. Just my thoughts!

Richella Parham said...

Oh, yes, Google is going to have a field day. Good luck

Since you're not scared to patch up holes in the wall, I'd say go for it--try it out and see what you think. I tend to love all black frames or all white frames, but I'm not sure which one I'd use there--you could always tape some pieces of white paper up on the wall and then tape some black pieces on the wall and see which tone you liked better in the space.

Hope you're having a great day! I remember March in Michigan. . . hope you're hanging in there! :)

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

My mom gets mad because I call them boob lights. haha!

Rhiannon said...

hahaha you crack me up i was just working on a post called, let there be light as well and we actually have the b**b lights all over our house. when we moved in we had NO light fixtures so i bought a bunch of them since they were on clearance pk of 2 for $7 and weve been slowly replacing them.

Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

I love the look of that pic, with different tone/finish frames. That hallway wall is pretty small though- so it's probably best to stick with one big piece (like the family rules that are already there) or a *few* smaller pieces in a little grouping or in a row gallery style. One pic of each of your girls in black and white with black frames and nice chunky white molding would be so crisp there. Can't wait to see what you do!

Melanie said...

This is one of the coolest photo wall's I've seen. I say a girl can never have too many photos in her house! Go for it!

Smiles,
Melanie
http://reasonstoskipthehousework.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Love the ideas. :) My computer's filter is going to have a field day with your post. Both my hubby and I have accountability filters on our computers (we got them when Hubby started preaching and working with youth at our last church, kind of a lead by example thing). So anyway, his always comes back with a report looks good but mine is always saying my report needs review and it is always blogs...and People but whatever. I once goodled nude peep toe pumps by Jessica Simpson. I thought the filter police were going to arrest me.

Candace said...

I will never look at my ceiling lights the same again! I love photo walls! It's nice to see peoples photos out for viewing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! I added you to my More Than A Blog Hop Directory.
Quick Tattletails More Than A Blog Hop Directory

Kara @ June & Bear said...

I'm working on a gallery wall and I've decided to go with all black frames. The white didn't work with my light gray paint, but I think all white would work too. The wood tones are pretty, but I found it was cheaper to go with black so that I can spray old frames or cheap finds.

Jami Nato said...

you can rock anything you put up there. don't conform to rules about small spaces...if you want that wall in the picture, do it sister friend!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin