Thursday, June 2, 2011

Guest Post with Lindsay from Lee La La!

Hey friends! I'm so excited to show off my new friend Lindsay from Lee La La! She's one of those sugary sweet nice people you just love to read about and hear from. Plus she's uber creative and has something delish to show you today.. So excited! Enjoy! 


xo



Hi Fingerprints on the Fridge...

I am Lindsay, of the blog Lee La La
where I take on mommy hood, life, and my love to be artsy.

This is me:

I am over the moon excited to be here today.
 If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I love a GOOD, CHEAP knock off!
Today I am going to show you just that...
A Pottery Barn knock off to be exact...
Have you seen all the gorgeous beach decor in their summer catalog? 
I was coveting this driftwood star for my patio. 
I love the beachy vibe!


via pottery barn

Well guess what?
I am going to show you MY step by step tutorial on how to make your very own
  drift wood star!

Ready? Let's begin!!
wood 3-dimensional star (I bought mine at Michaels in the wood shop section for $2.99)
Glue Gun
Drift Wood (all shapes and sizes)

1. 
To begin, I broke apart my driftwood into 4 inch pieces. It doesn't have to be exact. The wood broke very easily, as it was still full of moisture from the beach.

2. 
I then began outlining my star with my more narrow wood pieces. Once they fit, GLUE.
You will feel like you are doing a puzzle because you want all the pieces to fit just perfectly. 

3. 
I then started to outline and glue my 5 inner points.

4.
 Continue filling in your star. The more random the placement the more character your star will have.
Once a good majority is filled in, I went back and filled in the smaller spots with my scrap wood pieces.
 

5. 
That's all there is too it.
A perfect way to add a little flair to your summer patio!





Thank you so much for having me! 
I would love to see your finished project if you find the time to make this star.
OR, just stop by my blog and say hi. I love meeting new friends.
 Blog
Shop 
Face book
                                                                              
See! Told you how good she was! Now everyone leave some love and tell her how amazing she is. :) Thanks again so much Lindsay! You're the best!

10 comments:

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

I love that drift wood star - yours came out great!
Nice to meet you!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Great upcycled piece and easy tutorial to follow. Thanks!

Val said...

Lindsay...this is so creative and your talent and blog are brilliant!!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

this is so awsome lindsay!! can you send me some beach driftwood? hehe

Megan {Splendid Design} said...

Lindsay, fantastic tutorial. The star looks great. And once again I ask myself "now, where in the store they find all those cool things. It seems that my store never has anything in stock!". Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this driftwood star!! Thank you so much for the how-to!

Anna @ IHOD said...

Lindsay, that is fantastic!! What an easy and cute piece!

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

Love this project Lindsay!! Thanks for sharing your craftiness!! =)

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

I am also a sucker for anything Pottery Barn!! This is just an awesome tutorial Lindsay!

Amalia Athanaeleas said...

This is fantastic!! I need to find some driftwood now... however, I'm in CO.... LOVE this!
xoxo
Lia

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin