Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Guest Post with Marie from Lil Pink Pocket!

Hi friends! My name is Marie and I blog over at Lil Pink Pocket. Come visit me and say hi while you're there! I'm so excited to be guest blogging here today! I'm a wife to my best friend and stay at home mommy of two adorable little girls that keep me busy.

In my free time I love creating! I'm a do it yourself kind of girl and I'll try to do just about anything at least once. I love all things fancy and beautiful, but live a thrifty lifestyle and can't find it in me to pay full price for anything. I'm excited to share some of my most recent projects and a tutorial with you.




Lima Bean Wreath Tutorial
Here's what you need:
Styrofoam wreath (you know I love to be thrifty so use a 40% off coupon to get it)
baby lima beans - 1 16 oz package was perfect for a 12 inch wreath
hot glue gun and glues sticks
spray paint
ribbon to hang
  • Start by gluing beans around the inside back of the wreath. The beans have a straighter edge on one side, glue that edge along the back of the wreath on the inside circle and outside circle.
  • Continue gluing to fill in entire wreath. I found it easiest to put the glue on the wreath about a 2 inch radius and then add the beans.
  • When the entire front of the wreath is done and glue completely dry add a couple coats of spray paint. I used Krylon Ivory in a glossy finish.
  • Add ribbon and I also added the cute letter I found at Hobby Lobby for $3. I also might use this for other holidays by just changing the ribbon and adding other embellishments.
And that's it! I absolutely love how it turned out and I hope you do to! If you make this project I'd love to see it! Come stop by Lil Pink Pocket follow me and say hi! Enjoy!


4 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

Nice projects and what an adorable family!Goin over to check out her blog!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE a good wreath! SUCH a cute idea. Thanks for sharing :)

Affordable Medical Insurance said...

Thanks for sharing! Very clever idea!

Unknown said...

That is such a cute wreath, who would have thought to use Lima Beans!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin