Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween Mantel 2011

I totally went crazy this year guys.

Just nuts.

Ready?


Okay, there you go.

When I put everything together Mr. Fingerprints said, "Isn't that the same as it was last year?" Um.. No! There's a bird. I put a bird on it. Geesh, Men.

2010
2011

In all seriousness no, it's not any different from last year because I just love the black and white look. It's creepy, neutral with a little pop of orange. You can't really go wrong! Plus I'm on a spending freeze still so that glam-glitter Halloween I pictured in my head has to wait till next year when my money tree is in full bloom.


I got a few emails last year about the bats on sticks, and they're from Meijer. This year though in my store they have witches! I want to buy some more but I'll wait until they go on sale because I'm cheap. :) The Happy Halloween sign is also from Meijer (Go grocery store decor!) and the creepy witch picture is something I printed from the internet and seems to be pretty crooked. I'll get to that, maybe.

The sticks are a lovely gift from Mother Nature and the vase is from the decor hoard stash. Easy peasy.

Are you totally in the Halloween mood now like me? If it wasn't so blasted dark and rainy out I could finish the pictures of the rest of the house! Maybe tomorrow.


Until next time boys and gouls.. bwaaahahaha. 



Oh! And, I chose a winner via random.org for The Bird's Papaya giveaway and it was Sarah B. Check your email Sarah! 

Linking up with Beth for her Fall Mantel Party

13 comments:

Beth @ Through the Eyes of the Mrs. said...

Why change it when it's fabulous. Love the black and white and pop of orange, xoxo Stop by sometime www.throughtheeyesofthemrs.com

Sarah said...

very cute!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

It is Totes different this year for sure! :) I kept my fall mantel the same as last year also. Love your goulish pictures too!!

TwoThirtyFiveDesigns said...

totally different, the pumpkins are slanted where they weren't before...geez. Looks great, always loving black and white!

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Hahahaha... Oh, these guys slay me... Mine wouldn't even notice if I put up a Halloween mantle.. Well, he might, but then he'd just keep his comments to himself cuz he thinks I nutty anyway! Oh, well...he's missin' out on alllllll the fun!

Funny post! Love the Vampy pics!

Savannah said...

No shame is decorating the same because it is awesome! Love the pop of orange. Very simple but festive - just my style! Happy Halloween!

Tracey said...

I think your mantel looks so great!! Tell your hubby that you made another change from last year... the # on the little metal bucket had a 7 on it in 2010 and this year it is a #4... :^)

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I love it! I think that is pretty good that the hubs even remembered what it looked like last year! lol Don't think my husband would remember that. :)

debbie--http://refreshrestyle.com/ said...

I didn't see it last year, but I think it looks great!
Debbie

Anna@Directions Not Included said...

I love it. The colors are perfect and the bird completely changes it ;)

PS - Thanks for posting about 733BlogDesign when you had your site designed. I just used her and couldn't be happier with the results.

Jami Nato said...

you toats put a bird on it.

and it's good to see you and the mister together in this pick. being zombies. but whatever.

Blissful & Domestic said...

your mantle looks great! thanks for hosting the party too!

online writing jobs said...

You look great, especially this red eyes.... horrible.... where is my garlic!!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin