Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Tablescapes 2011

Hello, hello! I had some fun yesterday playing around with a couple tablescapes and I wanted to show you! I got to use my peacock color decor a little bit, and even though I vetoed it for our everyday colors this year it was fun to use it at the dinner table.

I could look at tablescapes all day, they're so fun aren't they? You could spend a lot of money trying to get the right look too but I'm trying to save money for Christmas and well, I like trying to use what I have so everything here is super cheap or something we already had ie. Free. Want to see? Yes.

 *Excuse the nighttime photos..It happens ;)*



All the bulbs I got for this last year at the after Christmas sale at.. gasp. Walmart. I know I know. The devil. But they were like 80 cents and the blue is so pretty! The chargers I've had but I think they were from WM too. The runner is a scarf that I threw on and didn't bother ironing carelessly. ;) So easy!

The feathers came from HL during their 50% off sale so they were a buck a piece. Cheap! The small group of ornaments came from Michaels for 2.00 a pack and I love the way they look tied around the silverware.



The second one was way more casual and inspired by the girls at Shanty 2 Chic.. They made some really pretty plate chargers the other day and I adored them so much I made some own with a little spin on them.

I'll share a more detailed post later this week all about these little guys. Love the snowflakes on them. :)


Everything here was something we had from last year's gold tree. And the "runner" is the paper you get in the paint section at Home Depot. I got a huuuuuge roll for 12 and it's great for coloring.. painting on.. Love this stuff!

 

I still have a few others up my sleeve that I plan on sharing this week if the sun ever comes out again! Grr! But if you haven't had enough table-scape love you can check out the quick and easy ones I put together last year. The 12 days of Christmas one was my personal favorite ;) Happy Decorating!

17 comments:

Raising Baby Bee said...

I ADORE your second table setting - I'm going to borrow inspiration from you for my Christmas dinner this year! Thank you so much for beautiful eye candy!

Ashley said...

Beautiful! I'm especially fond of the first...probably because my colours this year are also blue and silver...and I also used vintage fruit jars on my "mantel"!

The second is great too...can't wait to hear more about the chargers.

Rebecca said...

Tablescapes are fun! I love the second one and will be looking for more about the chargers.

MHS 2002 said...

Adore the peacock feathers table setting!! The ornaments around the silverware are my favorite. Stunning!

Gen said...

Can't get over your peacock tablescape! GORGEOUS!

EvA. . . said...

wow very pretty! both ways looks awesome! Good job :)

OksanaB said...

Soooo beautiful. Love all those blue ornaments. Thank you for sharing.

Marcie said...

Those are gorgeous tablescapes!

Comeca Jones said...

They are both very nice course the neutrals are my favs!

Tracy K-dollarsandsensedecor.com said...

I like the 2nd one. I'll be heading out to Home Depot tomorrow for a runner of my own! Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Those are simply beautiful! Great job!

Sarah (Mrs. Ruffled Flats) said...

I love both, but I especially love the first one. I may be a bit biased since it looks kinda similar to the tablescape I posted as well. I can't get enough of blue any time of the year, but the way people tie it with greens and silvers around Christmas really makes it come alive. I love the peacock feathers!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Great ideas with the tablescapes, they look wonderful! I have to get my Christmas table together here pretty soon. I may borrow some of these ideas!

KarenB said...

The first one is my favorite. I love the colors in the ornaments that you've used around the silverware. So pretty!

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

Great looking tablescapes!

Sharon @ mrshinesclass.wordpress.com

Nancy said...

I have a love affair with the blue jars. So, this one really caught my eye. So pretty. Just love it!

Unknown said...

I love the feathers, the gold and the glitter! Everything looks PERFECT!

I'm joining 8 bloggers in hosting Blogging Around the Christmas Tree Party and today’s feature is Christmas Scapes at my place! I’d love to have you join up, the party is just beginning!

http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2011/12/christmas-blog-link-party-christmas.html

XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin