Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 Resolutions

Okay.. I'll admit it, I love them. I love the idea that I can start FRESH. Kind of like when I say I'm going to start working out but it can't be on any day other than a Monday. New week. New year. You get the drift. New beginnings, and I enjoy them. Mucho.

A few things I want to work on this year..



Quit looking for perfection in my marriage. It wont happen. We can't erase the past, nor is it a romance movie where he'll sweep in and say all the right things and I'll feel that twinge in my stomach, with a twinkle in my eye and know every things better. Nope. Nada.


We'll still have fights.. Will they lead to divorce? Lord help me I hope not, but it's NORMAL to fight. I don't have to stay awake after every fight worrying that this one was the one that broke the camels back, we should have just agreed on where to have dinner damn it. 

  
Breathe Rachelle. LIVE. Stop worrying. Be happy. Quit being so concerned with the idea that he might not be happy. You make him happy, shut your head up.


Be a Yes Mom. Sometimes I think I'm the cranky Mom who doesn't want to do anything. I'm also not really a "play" Mom. I love to take the girls to lunch dates, or movie dates, or shopping. We snuggle all the time or color but I don't really.... play and I always feel like I'm scarring them for life by not rolling on the floor playing barbies.


I mean, I'm probably not scarring them, but I want them to grow up and have memories of me being fun, loving and a part (Not to be confused with APART.. Thankyouverymuch) of things.





Not remembering me working on something while they played in the playroom. I want to be in their memories. All of them.

 

Be in photos.
LOL this one sounds so superficial, doesn't it? I'm always behind the camera. I say to Mr. Fingerprints all the time, "What if I were to die. You wouldn't even remember what I looked like!" I'm trying to be better. Say, "hey! Take a picture of us." But I feel so lame doing it. Stop it Rachelle.. Quiet that head up again! ;)


Be happy with my body. This also means taking care of it. Sure I want to lose 20 more pounds but if I don't that's okay. I've been working hard as a mother trucker to lose my baby weight.. (Ha, the baby who is almost...Four. Gulp) But my body will NEVER be pre-baby. It's okay. Learn to live with it, learn to like it. I should probably quit messing with my hair too because it's a hot mess and can't afford any more fried ends or patches from it falling out all the time. ;)



Be a happy person. Be a good friend. Be content. Be the sunshine in someone's life. Be the blog that people feel good after they read. Be the best me that I can be.



Because I only get one shot at this lil' thing called life. I fully intend to rock it this year.


 Source

What about you? Do you have any new years resolutions that you're going to work on this year?! Share with us! 

Sharing over at Amandas! 

26 comments:

BabiesandBargains said...

I swear we live the same life! I am the same exact type mother..But my kids have learned to have fun with our little outings and fun things we do.

Jamie W said...

i am doing the same thing! trying to work on me. it's tough being a mom, seriously! and I have a 5 year old boy.. so playing with him (which involves anything BUT quiet time) is tough.
xoxo, it gets easier! let's hope so. :)

Anonymous said...

It's hard to shut our brains up sometimes, isn't it? I'm right there with ya. ;-)

Tulip and Turnip said...

These could seriously be my 2012 goals. They are all things I really need to work on too, particularly the being in pictures one and the playing with the kids one!

You are just adorable!

Unknown said...

As I was reading this, I was like geesh get out of my head Rachelle, lol. I don't play enough with my daughter either and she loves playing with her new dollhouse. I've made a few efforts but I knew I should have indulged her a little today:)

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating said...

I love New Year's Resolution, too!! There's just something so refreshing about the beginning of a new year...a fresh start. I wish you the best on your goals! May 2012 be the very best yet!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, girl, I am the same way about playing. I HATE playing. I love taking them places, reading to them, and stuff like that...but I hate playing. :s

Jami Nato said...

girrrrrl. you is hot.
great goals. you can do it.

Sarah Lou said...

you hit the nail on teh head with these - this is how i think as well ( nice to know im normal then!)

Christy said...

Great goals! And I totally feel you. I think (know)as womem we totally over analyze EVERYTHING! And beat ourselves up over the stupidest things forever. We all need to learn how to stop worrying, and let go! Good Luck!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

2012 is going to be a fantastic year! Good luck with your resolutions!

-Lauren said...

love your positive outlook. We are our own worst critics. keep that head up girl..and damn you look fab!

Colette said...

Very well said... I think I'll join ya! :)

Rebecca Scott (aka Otter) said...

Awww. First, HUGE hugs. Trust me, I know how loud that voice in your head can get. My hubby and I fought like tigers for so many years and this year we're getting much better but that doesn't mean there isn't still the lingering worry over whether he's happy. Thing is, you can't make him that way if he won't tell you what's wrong and if he is telling you what's wrong, all you can do is work to address his concerns. That communication is everything and it's what I've learned from being married going on 7 years now.

Your photo of yourself shows clearly how much weight you've lost so don't stress yourself too much. I don't personally think another 20lbs is needed but hey, that's not my decision to make. My only advice? Don't worry about the pounds. Just look at yourself in the mirror and figure out what you want to look like. Then aim for that. As you put on muscle, it will weigh more than fat so you might feel like you're not losing actual weight when in fact you're getting thinner and in better shape. :)

I highly encourage playing with your kids as much as you can. I don't have children myself, not something I can biologically do, but I do have nieces and the children of friends with whom I play. There's nothing like the fun of playing unfettered with someone who won't judge you for it. Run. Be silly. Make funny faces and silly noises. I think you'll discover a little girl in you that has as much fun doing that as your children do. We all used to be like them. ;)

My own resolutions are pretty much just to be myself, to not let the opinions of others sway what I am passionate about and to stick with the original intent of my blog. I make silly hats. I take photos. I paint my boots because I can. I know those things aren't always as popular in the blog world but they make me happy and I'm sticking with it. :) I hope you do the same with all that you love and that you look back on this year when December rolls around with a huge proud smile on your face. :)

Anonymous said...

I wish there was such a thing' As a memory eraser' from the movie 'MEN in Black' Your right we can't change the past...and our darn minds speaks louder than others... Your resolutions sounds like mine...I'm starting today...Best of luck in 2012

Unknown said...

Good luck with your list! I'm not a mom yet, but I am already guilty of not wanting to just sit down and play with nieces and nephews. Maybe I can break that habit before I have kids.

Rachel said...

I have the same problem with "playing" I bring my daughter places- like the park, the fair, etc, and we both enjoy ourselves, but like when she's in the bath, I'm always doing some work. I'd say I'm a little OCD. So I guess we are both normal from the comments on here. Hey, I'm praying for you- family, hubby, life. I told my hubby the other day, "it's good to fight, rather than let it build up and expode." You can get your issues out, and get them dealt with.
Blessings,
Rachel

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Great goals Rachelle! I agree with being in more photos, I always say that I'm hardly in any. My hubs has gotten better at taking the camera and shooting away (if he only takes one it's usually a bad one!) and I'm super critical on my own photos but at I have some. Ask your kids to take pix too. Even though they are little I bet they take some good ones!!

Amy said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I'm a new reader to your blog, and this feels like it came straight out of my own head (except I'm not brave enough to say it).

PS: I think you look fabulous just the way you are!

Jennifer McLean said...

Great post. I wanted to leave a comment because you mentioned that you're having trouble with your hair thinning out, bald spots etc from after your pregnancy. I just got a product I heard about on Dr. Oz, highly recommended by Tabitha (the famous hairstylist).

A few years ago, she told dr. Oz, her mom got really sick then died, Tabetha took care of her, watching her die. It really stressed her out and her hair started falling out in clumps. She did some research and found Viviscal extra strength, took it and it worked miracles. The reviews on the web are amazing. You take two pills daily, they cost about $50 for 60 pills, but in the US there are discounts to be found. Amazon.com has them on sale for $38.99. Hope it helps. I just started them the other day after being seriously ill last year, my hair is now falling out and breaking. Crossing my fingers it works as well as everyone says!
Best,
Jenn from JustAddWaterSilly,com

SuppersYoungans&Thangs said...

Thanks for hosting. Hope you might get a chance to visit Suppers, Youngans, & Thangs. I am your newest follower number 2628. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Just liked you on FB as well as being a follwer. I like your honesty :) And I think your goals are good ones.

How long did it take you to lose the weight? You look great! Do you work out at all?

I think your hubby would be a fool to leave you. It's obvious you care so much for him. You have a family together...and you are gorgeous! No one is perfect...it's the imperfections that make us who we are.

Do what you do and make yourself happy...the rest will fall into place ;)

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Wow, I absolutely love your resolutions. The one about your marriage is so true, and the one about being in more pictures also! Soooo, you love fresh starts, huh? A few blog friends and I introduced a new challenge idea Monday and it would be so fun if you want to join. If you have a second, check in at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/ to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions!
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

deZeal said...

I love your resolutions! I haven't made any this year since I am not very good in keeping them at all, hahaha, but I might borrow some of yours as my "try to" for 2012. Do you mind?
Greetings from Devon :)

Rebekah Greiman said...

My new year's resolution is to get pregnant! That said...we'll see what God has in store for us. It's been almost 11 years of marriage and we think we're ready. But, who knows?
I am sharing my tutorial on Pickling Jalapeno Peppers. They turned out fantastic-and the family seems to get a kick out of them. Hope you enjoy them too! Thanks for hosting the party once again. Have a great day!
Rebekah-www.potholesandpantyhose.com

Justine said...

Love your resolutions...I might take them on as my own since I never really made any this year,ha. Especially like the part about your marriage and kids :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin