Monday, March 26, 2012

Chalk Art.

Lately.. I'm kind of obsessed.

It started when I first saw this pin.



And totally copied it. No shame. I did however, take a crappy cell phone picture at night of it.

Sorry guys.



And, then.. The Nester wrote about it.



That Dana is just Ah-mazing, isn't she? Amazing. 

Welp, then I just kept going.. and going.. and going with it.

I really love having a chalkboard in the kitchen. Dust and all. Some days, when I walk past it and it's had the same little art on it for a bit it says "Rachelle.. Take a minute, won't ya?"

So I do.




Happy Monday!

Or, if you're in Michigan, specifically the Kzoo area.. Happy Oberon day. It's all I've heard about today. :) I sure don't enjoy beer but I'll say hip hip hooray for the Michigan spokesperson beer of Summer!

*Also! Please, if you're going to pin any images that aren't mine make sure to pin them directly from their site. Let's all play fair shall we?*

15 comments:

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Time for me to make a giant chalkboard. Come help me paint it, yeah?

Pams Party said...

I lived there for 5 years and don't remember Oberon day.. maybe it's because I hate beer.. LOL! Fun idea on a chalk wall.

acasarella said...

Lol--I'm not from MI but I lived in Chicago for years. While there I worked at a bar that sold Oberon. The mere mention of it takes me back to evenings in the beer garden :)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I love that saying! I have a chalkboard in my kitchen and I write quotes on it every once in awhile. The kids notice, believe me!! I might borrow yours but it won't be that fancy.
Chalk markers are awesome and NO dust. The dust did me in so I switched to the markers and we're all happy. Michael's sells them now. I ordered mine on line.

Unknown said...

I think it's fun you can change it whenever you want to. :) I want a smaller version in my kitchen!

{northern cottage} said...

WOW you did an awesome job - inspired me to FILL UP my chalkboards more! love the layers and sizes of the fonts...very cool job!

www.NorthernCottage.net

Whitney said...

It looks fabulous! I would never want to erase it! LOL

Jami Nato said...

so so so cute.

Rose :: Fine Craft Guild said...

love love love your chalk board! i have a mini one that just takes 2-3 min to fill out with a quick message for our kitchen, but a whole wall, oh may!!! good for you!

Chatty Chics said...

Your wall is awesome! And I saw when "Dana" featured it. Congrats! You're a rock star! Great job!Wanna show it off at my place?

Melody
One Chatty Chic
http://onechattychic.com/2012/03/27/your-turn-wild-wednesday-4/

My Tales with Two said...

Absolutely love it - what a beautiful way way to express your creativity!

Heather
www.mytaleswithtwo.com

jensully said...

I don't remember an Oberon day...I'll have to ask my hubby. We lived in Kzoo for 3 years...my dd was born there! :) Eat some Plainwell ice cream for me...I miss that stuff...so yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I do not think I would have as steady a hand as you apparently do when it comes to creating chalk art! Very cute. I'm with a previous poster - it would take me a looong time to erase this if I lived there.

Mama Up! said...

I love the chalkboard wall Christmas tree!!

Unknown said...

Planning to do something similar in my kitchen...thanks for the inspiration lady :-)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin