Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lets go back and remember

The worst part about your husband *living* in a different city than you? Nights--Hate. Them. It'd be fine if I could get a good nights sleep! But, tonight I can't so join me wont you?
My Ode to:
Mr. Perfect.
Mr. Right.

Mr. Rachelle
Kidding, sort of. :)

So, turn up your speakers and listen to our songs. Which, I ADORE. Let's start with 311 Love song. You had to know that I wasn't the type of girl to walk down the isle to the Wedding March, no way no how. I walked down to this-- It's very me. Love the guitar, and the drums and the beachy feel it has to it. I could listen to it over and over!



My dad and I before I went down the isle, love.love. this. It was quite a moment.

We also chose very nontraditional songs for the wedding party to walk down- Red Hot Chili Peppers Hard to Concentrate. Before you give me the stink eye- we just used the background music :) Not the song with the lyrics. Listen closely, its lovely.
We ended with Bob Marley, it was PERFECT, actually the DJ's idea. Love him for that. Now are you re-thinking reading my blog? Trust me, this is just a peek into how cray-zay I really am. :)Smile.
Just like my life- most of my wedding was about the little details. We chose not to spend money on centerpieces and instead got favors that would really be memorable. And, an amazing cake. Which was DE-LISH. The bakery had never done a Mad Hatter cake before, they did an amazing job for their first time!



Jones Soda bottles with different pictures of our little family on them. This was by far my favorite and everyone elses!


While we had our pictures done with the wedding party we had a "candy bar" with assorted candies like, runts, gummy bears, m&m's etc. People LOVED it!

And, just in case they wanted to take a scoop home, we asked a local Chinese restaurant if we could buy some take out boxes and they gave them to us for FREE! I used scrapbook rub-ons to embellish them with quotes. :)




Most everywhere I go, I wear a layered necklace. So, it was only natural for the girls to wear them too. The pearls were classy and elegant. The creamy white looked perfect with the green and pink.

We danced our first dance to David Grey's This years love. This picture makes me melt. I was really upset because the venue didn't turn the spotlight on for our dance, so no one even noticed we were having our first dance! Of course I started to cry, I was so upset. But Mr. Right had all the "right" words. It wasn't about everyone watching us. It was about us. :)

Isn't the ceiling pretty here? I love the lights and all the reflections. We got married at a golf course, and the lodge where the reception was held was GORGEOUS stone, bronze and honey colored woods.


My dad requested that we play I loved her first, for our dance together. I thought that was especially cute- Since he'd been planning it and it was important to him. :)

That's all for our wedding day. Thanks for comin' by to see and remember with me! It's fun going back in time and reminiscing about all the little moments we had together. I'll probably keep our love tunes up, for fun. Enjoy!

And, of course...

Mr. Perfect, I love you sir! Miss you more and more everyday!

8 comments:

Callie Ann said...

Your wedding/cake/dress/bridesmaids/venue is ADORABLE. Love it. Way to go.

Chris said...

This was so fun! I got married so long ago that these things would have been blaspheme. Can you believe I took sooo much heat for not having balloons at my reception?! Yeah...that long ago. I LOVE Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I have never heard this song. I am literally downloading it right now. LOVE it. I'm really not a fan of music on blogs, but I loved hearing what played that day! Great post!

Chris said...

P.S. I LOVE The Cure, too. When I was in college, I waited in line outside (back when they used to do that) for their concert. I stood there from 4AM until 10AM by MYSELF! Crazy!

Kathy said...

Thank you for sharing your wedding with us. It was amazing.

It is very hard to make non-traditional things work and not be little kiddish or tacky. Its also lame to pretend to be something you are not because it is the "tradition." You rocked and it was beautiful and meaningful. Wow.

I love that your daughter and little family were celebrated as was your love. I am so impressed with you right now. Wow.

I am sorry that your Mr. Right is gone so much right now. It's a hard season with little time together as it is. My hope is that you can somehow find some time and rest together :)

Kathy said...

Wait. I hadn't thought about what Chris just wrote....People don't stand outside inline all night for concert tickets anymore? Hmm....I feel so old.

Rachelle said...

Okay, there's something everyone needs to know about me.

I've never been to a concert.

There I said it.

Stacia Howard said...

Looks like it was a totally beautiful wedding!
I love the cake & colors!
The photo of you and your father is precious! I can't tell you what I would give to have one like that. My Daddy died 3 weeks to the day before I got married. I was always a Daddy's girl and I would have given ANYTHING to have had him there with me. I made the preacher totally skip over the whole who gives this woman away & I didn't even walk down the isle as I just couldn't do it. So, treasure this photo and memory. You are so very lucky to have it.

Julie said...

Looks like you had a fun and memorable wedding. I really love that cake!
Stopping by to welcome you to the SITS community :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin