Thursday, September 3, 2009

Goodwill action

Yesterday I got to go out for a little "me" time. What ever did I decide to do? Massage? Shoe shopping? Pedi/Mani?

Nope. Just some good ol' Goodwill!

None of the GW's in our area are very good, or so I thought. Then I found the hidden heaven tucked away behind a car wash the other day. Yep, heaven. So much goodies, and to make it better? It's behind a Target, so all clearance items that don't sell? That's right- off to GW! :)

Here's one of the lovelies I purchased for 3 dollars. I don't know if that's a steal or a rip off but gosh she's pretty.

So I took these...


And, ugly turned into lovely! Easy peasy.
These I got a while back, and forgot to show them off. I love them, love love love. Now I just need some frames to go with them. Is it bad that I'm buying all this stuff for my dream house in my head? I had no intentions to put them in this bathroom. But golly, our next house master bath. Perfect ;)





I'm late but I'm joining the party anyways!

And the party over at http://jobandbrittany.blogspot.com/. Check out the cute finds!

Anybody else score big time (for little) this week?

Coming back to add, it's a sad sad day today. Poor ball jar #8 has perished. It couldn't escape the fast as lightning 1.5 year old. What remains of her on the bathroom floor will soon be buried in the trash. Let's all take a minute in remembrance.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd say the price of the canning jar is good. Some you can find for less, but some are sold for much more. It works well holding your Q-tips!

Nancy

Alicia said...

Better late than never. I love the frames. Don't we all have a dream house in our heads? I know I do, but for now...I love my little house.

I keep checking back on Rhoda's blog the whole week because it gives me that little kick of thrifting I need to keep me going :-)

Carma Sez said...

what a great find! Perfect use for it too

Stacia Howard said...

I love that jar! And the q-tips look great in there! I really need to find something else to put my qtips in so I just might be "borrowing" your idea! ;)
And I LOOOOOOVVVEEEE those prints! I want some!

Caro said...

I got similar jars (one as small, one that is 1.5X that height), the same blue Ball jars... one for 2$, the other for 1$ at yard sales. So the 3$ sounds just about right for a store!

Brittany said...

love your blue jar!! after seeing your post you have to see this:

http://jobandbrittany.blogspot.com/2009/08/i-love-scrapbook-paper-2.html

thanks for linking up!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

I just did a post recently on these jars! You can probably find more elsewhere...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin