Sunday, September 13, 2009

The un-proffessional way of staging a bedroom

Let's get this out in the open. In no way do I think that I'm some brilliant designer, stager, decorator of the stars. But, I know that when your open house is 1 pm the next day and your bedroom looks like this:


Hello, my name is BLUE and I just threw up in your bedroom.

(Okay, it didn't quite look like this. We don't sleep on a bed quite as....crackhouseish. But, in the middle of me taking the sheets off I said.. "Blog post!" And, put them barelyback on. There I said it. I staged an ugly room. :) Only to re-stage it to be pretty.)


Onward.



Ew. That is all.

That basket right there? Filled with un matched socks, how do we even have socks to wear? Seriously? I must spend millions just on matching socks. Oh right, the room.

I've mentioned before that my bedroom was the ugliest room EVER. I meant those words ya'll! For the time being it was a catch all. What people are coming over? Eh throw it in the bedroom. Oh, laundry? Let's put it in the bedroom, 'cuz, who puts their laundry in the LAUNDRY room?



Okay, I'll quit hating on my bedroom, she could have potential right? I really want to re paint, get new lighting, a gorgeous pottery barn duvet and some Egyptian cotton sheets. Well, money doesn't grow on trees and as long as I'm secretly buying 100.00 pillows for the living room, it wasn't going to happen. I'd love for our bedroom, the smallest room in the house to be a priority but it just wasn't. But for staging purposes today, darn it it's going to be.




So I have 95.00 to work with. Ahem, yeah. I know right? What a JOKE. But the man's got me on lock down I tell ya!! ;) So I went to K-Mart, the only place I know that will sell me a decent looking bedroom comforter for under 100.00.



Well, Kmart provided. It's not perfect. A little scratchy. Not the colors I'd want for my bedroom, but you know what? For 49.99, it's doing it's job. It was cheep enough for me to splurge on two extra pillows AND some bath towels!





No money for a headboard. But, I had this picture in the garage since I was 18, and I mean, everyone likes water right? Okay, well for today. Like I said, anything it worked.


I took the seashells from my living room, and put them on the dresser here. Uh, yeah that star fish was in the middle of the shadow box- so pretend it still is. He took a fall. :)

Took LB1's art pieces and put them here.

To secretly cover up the nail holes from where our wedding pictures were!

And voila! A bedroom fit for a open house! :)

For UNDER 75.00.

And, I'm linking up to the Frugal Friday party over at The Shabby Nest! Check it out!

[TTbutton.jpg]




Check out Talk to me Tuesday at Tip Junkie!
DIY Day @ ASPTL

27 comments:

Lynda said...

Rachelle, it's lovely!!

Kathy said...

ooh ooh! Can you come do mine now?

I dont buy socks. I dont know what my kids where. Im always yelling, "PUT ON SOCKS!" or "find socks for the babies!" I would put money on them not matching 90% of the time. Somehow, we make it out of the house :)

Caro said...

It looks great!!
Those pieces of artwork are really cool too! WHat does LB1 stand for? (who?)

Unknown said...

You rock! I'm all for decorating on the cheap and you did a great job. I think the comforter is pretty. I so need to finish my bedroom!

Nancy

Wendy said...

Great job...and I laughed through the whole post...you're hilarious!

podso said...

Very fresh looking--good job with so little money. And humorous too!

Roeshel said...

haha! I needed a laugh - thank you! I love your writing style. What a beautiful transformation and a gorgeous room! Great job!

Roeshel

Brittany said...

great staging!!
i host a Goodwill party every Wednesday. stop by and join in!!

Julie said...

Great post ....to funny...I am having a new give a-way do hope you stop over...
xoxo
Julie

J.J. said...

I love what you did! Even if you did "fake" a before shot :) New to your blog. We are about to paint our bedroom blue...a different color blue...but still blue. Do you actually find it more soothing and relaxing....the fact that it is a blue room?

Mrs. Petrie said...

Crackhouseish...hahahaha...you are too funny. Your staging looks great. Clean and neutral are always in style.

susan said...

It's too late. I'm afraid your case of blog bug is chronic and long term--unstaging to stage :) You did a good job. I think most people just want to see a place where people look happy and organized and picture themselves that way too--you achieved that on a very small budget! Good luck with the sale!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

I understand the "lock down"...dang it!!! You did a great job on the cheap...K-mart can surprise you sometimes...I bought pillows for my sofa: $12.00 each and they are my favorite! You did a great job!

Fifi Flowers said...

Nice quick, inexpensive fix!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Great improvement! Well done.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Funny post. I love when people write with humor. And the room looks great. Hope you sell your house.

Its So Very Cheri said...

I could only see one of your pictures-crazy google.
The one with the picture above the bed looks nice.

I hope you will come by for a visit as well. I have a fun party on Mondays and another on Wed that just started up.

Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Kimberly said...

Your post actually had me laughing out loud. You are so funny. And considering the state of the room before (Sorry) you did an amazing job.

Keep it up

Kim @ www.theweightlossdebutante.blogspot.com

KellyH said...

Your bedroom looks great! The crack house bed line cracked me up!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I think you've done a great job!

Shannon said...

and what a great transformation it was! Love it!

Anonymous said...

yay!! Looks great. As for the socks, I have a bag FULL of mismatches. Maybe you have the matches?

I host a "Room a month makeover" every Monday (Don't worry, you don't have to complete a room, a small change!) Stop by and link up!
http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2009/09/room-month-is-back.html

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

The clean-up is good, but your commentary is better! It made me grin. Great job!

Delightful Dwelling said...

Your are so funny, your post made me smile. I love how you staged the room too, it looks very pretty.

queenbee said...

Great Job!!! I hope you have a successful open house.

Amber B. said...

Came over from Kimba's--that looks great! And you are so funny, you made me laugh as I read this. :-D

Bec said...

Great transformation!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin