Saturday, October 31, 2009

ONE last Halloween project for 2009

Okay, talk about last minute here! I finally finished decided it was close enough to finished to use for tonight. I made LB1's last year, but just had to make one for LB2 and I was thisclose to scrapping the whole thing and using canvas bags all adorned like I've seen floating around blog land, but I held back and said "Rachelle, just do it already."


Black cauldron, 77cent craft paint and ribbon. Done, done and done. You might remember last year I used a boa around the top instead of ribbon. Well considering I was still trying to sneeze out the feathers from last year I opted out of that and tore it off. :)






For those of you who say "I can not hand paint worth a cent, not possible." Guess what? Me either, here I'll even give you a close up of my imperfections.



Imperfections or not, I think Bat Girl and Spider Girl will be happy with them! They'll look even better with all the candy they get.for me If only it would warm up a little for us to go out tonight!? We might have to wear our snow suits!



*Finally found, after a year where I was inspired to do this project! Susie over at Susieharrisblog.com did this last October! I put it in my idea file and never saw the link again. Search search search and I can now credit her! Woohoo! Her painting is much better than mine. She puts me to shame! :) It's okay though, she's a doll, I'll let it slide.*




Happy Halloween!

DIY Day @ ASPTL












12 comments:

KatBouska said...

If my handwriting looked THAT good I would totally copy this idea. They're adorable!

Kathy said...

You did SUCH a good job with these!!

Bernie said...

Very cute! I love your blog. I am going to start following.

Warmly,

Bernie

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Adorable! I made one with mod-podge and scrapbook paper for my guy but not as cute as the caldrons :). Love it!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Very, very cute. Love the colors! :) Stopping by from Kimba's party. :)

Jane said...

Super cute!

Unknown said...

What a great idea and what a difference the paint and ribbon make. You did a terrific job. Custom cauldrens, how cool!

Have a blessed day...Tracy :)

Hugs...Tracy :)

P.S. In case I haven't alrady told you already, I'm hosting a fall giveaway. I hope you'll stop by and enter.

Anonymous said...

how adorable! i bet the kids loved it!

Jennifer Juniper said...

So much cuter than a plastic pumpkin :) You rock!

Its So Very Cheri said...

cool and congrats on the BH &G --I'm jealous.

cheri

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Dangit, why didn't I think of these??? I love them, I will definitely have to make some next year! :)

Kate said...

Hi, I discovered your blog from the "I Can Make That" Party and am having such a fun time purusing your past projects!

And your girls are adorable!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin