Thursday, November 12, 2009

Something to complete the kitchen

Every once in a while, when I see my two girls fighting, pulling each others hair, screaming at each other playing together nicely I day dream about how I would love a sister.


But then I remember how being the only daughter in the family has it's advantages. Such as this conversation.


"Dad, you know that brand new stove in your garage you have just sitting there. The one that doesn't fit into your new house? I mean, it's just sitting there..brand new and all..lonely"


He knew well in advance where this was going, sometimes he humors me though and lets me go on.


"Maybe I could borrow it, ya know? It would really complete my kitchen and all. It's so pretty, and white."


This is when he rolls his eyes over the phone. I can sense that.


"Just until you need it back, I'll keep mine in the garage just in case."

Now, I wont say I snapped my fingers or anything. But, this lovely was in my house the very next day.

Jus' sayin.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Poop! I've got four sisters- I guess I won't be getting a stove anytime soon...

Amber Filkins said...

Oh my gosh, so funny. I'm daddy's little girl too. :)

Crystal said...

Oh what a sweet dad. It looks great in your kitchen. I have 4 sisters(and one brother) but being the oldest and living far away has some of the same advantages. But I wish he would give me a stove.

Unknown said...

I had two sisters, but I was the youngest. :-) And I was a good kid. Even more points! Enjoy the stove...it really looks good in your kitchen...as you already know!

Nancy

Shannon said...

You only kids get it all. :-) I am the oldest of two, and have always been a little bit of a daddy's girl. I think my dad would have given in as well. :-)

Unknown said...

Awww! I'm a daddy's girl myself even though I have 3 sisters. I'm the baby. Need I say more? lol Your kitchen is beautiful. :)

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

Isn't being an only child AND a daddy's girl the BEST?!?! I think it is. I love the stove looks so great in your kitchen!

Kathy said...

Beautiful!

Stefanie said...

Daddy's are the bestest! Even for us not only children who are girls :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin