Sunday, November 8, 2009

I can make that!

Why hello all of you all ladies (and gents?) comin' over from JAG's I can make that party!




I'm excited to join in this year, even if it is with a teeny tiny simple gift. But sometimes those are what counts right? Right.

I made these last year for the grandparents in the family and they swooned over them. Basically anything my kids make they love- I knew I couldn't go wrong! So, grab your stash of go-to's for these types of projects. Paint, brushes, glitter and a big ol' clear ornament bulb. I don't know why I left out 90% of that stuff out of the picture. It's late; hate me.



Last year I used a set of clear bulbs from Hobby Lobby that cost around 5.00 I believe. For party purposes I grabbed a big ol' plastic one for 1.47. Now, splash some white paint on your little ones hand and smack it on the ornament. It wont be perfect, it's just like finger painting & when your child is all grown up and you realize that once a long time ago their hand was that small, the imperfections will be priceless. Now, after you wipe their hand off and double check it so they don't accidentally get it all over your couch go ahead and paint on some itty bitty hats, scarves, eyes and carrot noses. Look at that, a little snowman family!



Don't you love it? I do! You could go a step further and give each snow man a little more personality to match your family. :) Once it's all done sprinkle some glitter over it so it can stick in the paint a bit.



Let's run down the price for this cutie pie.


Ornament 1.50


Paint 3.00 for all colors


Glitter 2.00


Your child's perfect little present for their Grandparents?


Priceless.


Sorry I had to. :)



Did ya'll notice my frame in the background? Remember the Boo frame? I stepped it up a notch for the season (well, 75% of the year around here in Michigan). Do you love her? She's so whimsy and pretty. I adore the fact that it's not exactly Christmas colors but still screams Christmas. Does that make sense? I think of elves when I see it. Little button-nose elves.


Right.. anyways.. Thanks for comin' by! Make sure to stop back over to the party and check out the other genius ladies at the party! :)

DIY Day @ ASPTL


The Girl Creative

36 comments:

Brittany said...

I LOVE this!! And it's definitely something my (almost) 3 year old can do!! Yay! Thanks!!!

GroverFamily said...

i love it, i love it! i am going to do this with my boys! every year we make christmas ornaments for my mom, and grandparents...but i had no ideas for this years ornament...thank you for this great idea:)

Carry Grace said...

The ornament is adorable! We will have to make these this year.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I will be filing this away for future use. Thanks so much for this post.

2sisters said...

Darling!!! Thanks for the idea!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I think those are some of the cutest ornaments I have seen. My mother would love those from the kids. Tahnks for the idea!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

What a cute frame!!!

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Great ideas! LOVE the idea of giving it to the grandparents too.

Unknown said...

Love the idea of letting your kids paint them with their hands. My girls would love that. :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I think this is just darling! Thanks

Dawn said...

So cute!! Thanks for sharing!!

Dede Warren said...

These are darling! I just sent your link to my daughter in law; she is very crafty and could make loads of these for family and friends with her little one!

Tammy said...

So Cute! I love the colors!

Sherri said...

Love your frame and the ornament! Cute ideas. Perfect colors to leave out too!

Richella Parham said...

So cute! What a good idea--and good to have something that little ones can really participate in.

Hope you're having a great week!

welcometomyfrontporch said...

What a great idea! I love your blog...I can't wait to come back and read through it some more.

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Super cute! I've been meaning to make these ornaments. I also bought clear glass balls last year on clearance. :)

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Super cute! I've been meaning to make these ornaments. I also bought clear glass balls last year on clearance. :)

Jennie said...

Oh my gosh. I am going to the craft store TOMORROW! Those are SO perfect! Thank you for such a great idea!!!

Katie said...

Love it, Love it, Love it. I have to make these for my grandmother. Thanks for the idea.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I love this idea...very cute

Amanda said...

darling!...i am totally doing this!
love the blog

Pam said...

Oh my this is so adorable. I want to go to Hobby Lobby Right now!!!!

Anonymous said...

We did these last year on blue ornaments. So fun and everyone loved them! :)

Mandy said...

Super cute!

Mombrud said...

So fun! Thanks for the idea!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Adorable!!! What a fun gift to give. :) Visiting from Kimba's party. :)

gkgirl said...

what a sweet idea!! love it!

Delightful Dwelling said...

What a cute idea!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Love both ideas!

{oc cottage} said...

Love the framed art!!! Too cute!!!

m ^..^

Shell said...

Adorable! love the ornament and the frame!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, so glad I just clicked on your link from Just A Girl...this is absolutely brilliant!! Presents for grandparents, check and check! Thanks so much!

mrs. c said...

i am a pre-k teacher and i bought clear glass ornaments at the Dollar Tree last year and did not make anything with them...ran out of time. Now i know why!!!! I am making these DARLING SNOWMEN...I haven't been this excited since???????

Sheri said...

These are simply adorable! I'll be posting a link on childmade.com! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Ok... I have a box of clear ornaments from a project last year... 2 little ones... and had not yet figured our Grandparent gifts. I am SO glad that I found this post!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin