Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baskets on my mind.

Notice these babies in targets ad this past week?

Love them as much as I do? I was {atinybit} nervous about how dark they were. In my mind I had envisioned something a little lighter like these beauties.

Or even something vintage inspired like these.

But Target came through. I love them. Very similar to these babies, which were way out of my price range.

I think I like the 9.99 dollar price tag better! I still need one more, but since they were on sale it was slim pickinz. No worries they gave me a rain check for the next one. Whoohoo!

Little by little the entry way is getting finished! Isn't it funny when you have a storage system set up, like say, these baskets for gloves and hats, and no one uses it?

Really, guys..Really?

Lets put them everywhere except the baskets.

I guess they need a tag on them that says "PUT GLOVES IN ME!" :)

11 comments:

Anny said...

ROFL you can lead a family to a basket but...

Katie said...

LOL, when you maket that tag for the basket, I want to see a picture. I'm sure they will be cute...oh sorry, you were just kidding? Oh... well. It sounds like a brilliant idea.

I absolutely love your blog by the way. You have inspired me tons and tons. I've got a few things on my decorating to do list that came straight from your blog.

Lyn said...

In my entryway, there is a basket for each kid (2) for their shoes. Good sized baskets, may I add. Ok, here's the punch line. Who actually puts the shoes into the baskets? 10 points if you said me! I pick them up off the floor in front of the door and put them in said baskets. Why, you ask? Because I get tired of saying (day after day after day after day) "what are these baskets for, kids??? That's right ! Shoes!". PS, my kids are 16 and 10.

Wendy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE baskets! I just did a basket post on my blog today too!

Lyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I like them!! Maybe you could make a little paper tag in the shape of a mitten and tie it on with a ribbon for the girls? :) Your entryway is going to look so fab! Btw, thanks for the "Follow." :)

Chris said...

I think the color is perfect! I LOVE how this space is transforming!

Unknown said...

I like your baskets. The color looks fine. I bought 3 baskets at Ikea last summer. I decided I only needed 2 so I gave one to my daughter. Just recently I asked for it back. I have a use for it now!

Nancy

queenbee said...

Love these baskets, I just looked at them at Target and put them back down because I am only suppose to be shopping for my bedroom at the moment, but the closet is part of the bedroom so techncally I guess I could have bought them. Love your blog, stop by and say hi if you get the chance.

Jen said...

I love your blog! You are very talented. I love the redo you did to your entry way. great job!!!!

Katie said...

You've inspired me one to many times so I just had to give you credit for being one of my top three inspiring home decorating blogs in my last post sharing about some of my own dreams for my new home. Thank you for all you share with us in bloggy land. :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin