Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Guest Post from The Girl Creative!

Okay readers I have some fun for you today! Diana @ The Girl Creative is taking over the blog today! Let's be all the super commenters that we are and leave her LOTS of love! She deserves it, this girl's got some talent!


Hello Fingerprints on the Fridge fans! It's Diana from The Girl Creative and I'm so excited to be swapping blogs with Rachelle today. Her blog became a quick favorite of mine as soon as I happened across it. She's super funny and sweet and talented too. She's blogging over at my place today so I hope you'll stop by and give her some moral support. It's always nice to see some familiar faces.

I am a Jesus lovin' mom to 2 of the funniest little girls ever, Emilee and Grace. I'm married to my best bud, Tim, for 7 years and we also have an insane dog named Buster who just adds to the chaos that is our life. I've been blogging for a few years but The Girl Creative is my most recent adventure. Every Monday I host a linky party called Just Something I Whipped Up where my readers show off their most recent creations. Occasionally I post digital scrapbook freebies as well as blogging secrets and tips. I also offer custom blog design and a la cart services. Most of the time, though, you can find projects that I've worked on that turned out decent enough to share. lol

Here are a few of my favorite projects to date:


This is a wreath I made for Valentine's Day using an old wire hanger and some scrap fabric and ribbon.



Would you believe that this is an old DVD case? This project was super, super easy. I did it in my kitchen while cooking dinner. Took all but 10 minutes.




I had an adorable pillowcase dress that was too small for my girls so I turned it into 2 aprons, one for each of my girls.

A trip to the dollar store and a little imagination gave me these personalized boards for my daughter's room. This is quite possibly my favorite project to date. I love how they came out.

I took a tutorial I found for a burlap wreath at Craftaholics Annonymous and made it my own by adding fabric.



Thank you so much for letting me share a small part of my world with you. I hope you stop by and visit from time to time. We'd love to have you.

Thank you, Rachelle, for swapping blogs with me. I had so much fun!

Photobucket


10 comments:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Lovin' the burlap wreath with the fabric! What a pretty way to add some color. Love it!

Unknown said...

So cute! The talent abounds.
I have enjoyed both of your blogs so it was just backwards for me today.
Keep up the good work.
Brooke

Be Colorful Coastal said...

I love that heart ribbon wreath. I will copy it into my ideas folder for next year's front door treatment. Very pretty yet fun.

Pam @ Becolorful said...

I love that heart ribbon wreath. I will copy it into my ideas folder for next year's front door treatment. Very pretty yet fun.

Pam @ Becolorful said...

I love that heart ribbon wreath. I will copy it into my ideas folder for next year's front door treatment. Very pretty yet fun.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Fun feature!! :) I love her take on the burlap wreath!

The one and only Lady said...

I love your work...It is so wonderful!

Thanks for sharing! Come on over and check out my little creations too!

1 Funky Woman said...

Rachelle, I've enjoyed your blog so much that I tagged you in my blog today! Have fun!
Megan:)
http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com/

Rachelle said...

Thanks Megan!

And, Amanda-- The burlap wreath is AMAZING right? I've been trying to think of a way to copy it-- SOON! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin