Thursday, March 11, 2010

Custom order

I received an email from a blog friend a few weeks ago about when I used to make bags. Eek right? It's been a few months since I've crafted up a bag for someone other than myself, or family and friends who can't say they hate it. But, I said "Sure" and told myself to quit hating on my work.

Brooke told me to go on with my creative self and do whatever color and coordinates I thought looked good. So, because it's March and we're tipping at 40 degrees I wanted something springy and fresh! I've been loving some aqua and turquoise lately so I went towards that shade with a beautiful print. Woohoo! Add some cream colored burlap and touches of jute and we've got something really pretty. At least I think so! I hope Brooke likes it.

She better.

haha.

She wanted one of my grocery sets which includes a mini clip board, coupon holder, mini notebook and the bag of course. All matching and adorable for those shopping trips!

She totally pushed me into getting back into sewing (finally) and using my brand new Christmas present- sewing machine. Good job Brooke! And, I think she pushed me enough to add some stuff to my totally useless and lonely as a desert Etsy shop. Thoughts?

Enjoy Brooke! Thanks for showering me in compliments, and stalking my blog the kick in the pants I needed to remember to do what I love, and not critique myself all the while.


Don't forget the party tonight! Come on over and link up what made you fabulous this week!




DIY DAY

17 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Trés adorable!!! Love the colors...kind of matches my blog!! ;)

Katie Olthoff said...

I agree - I love the whole idea! And the turquoise is so springy!

Patricia said...

awesome!!
i am loving the color and the textures too!!
you are one talented chick!!
blessings
patricia

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I swear that color is taunting and haunting me! I am going to just have to break down and use it! Love the whole set! You are very talented!

Mama Thompson said...

THoughts? Totally adorable!

Additional thought...sewing? pillows here you come;)

Brenda said...

Love it! Totally springy and cute!

Ideas: eye glass cases for regular glasses and my big ole sunglasses.

Little zipper bags - like cosmetics bags to organize my big ole purse.

Cute ipod covers. I have a touch, though, so that might be hard.

Oh I know I can think of more!

Crystal said...

So cute! I love the colors.
-Crystal

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

So cute! You are really good. Are you just a pro at whatever job you tackle?

I totally know how you feel. I use to make and sell children's hair bows (you can see my blog at www.beyondbows.blogspot.com). I got so burned out that I ended up taking a 3 year hiatus! (I still make them for friends). I do plan on reopening my store this summer though. But I completely can relate to burn-out.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! I really appreciate it so much!!!

~Allison

Tina said...

These are just gorgeous Rachelle!! I love the design and the fabric is just beautiful!! Love them all:) Congrats on making the Shanty 2 Chic favourites list for their Linky Party, I love your entryway makeover!! Hope you have a wonderful day ~ Tina x

Unknown said...

You are so talented! You do need to be doing more of that. I wish I could sew. You get busy!
Darling stuff!
Brooke

Jennifer Juniper said...

So cute!

Nicole T. said...

I totally agree with Brenda! Little cosmetic bags for inside those huge purses/diaper bags would be pretty cool! Nothing like taking everyone out of your purse just to find some chapstick!! :)

...oh & I would totally love a bag, pink please, haha!

Kate said...

Very cute and glad you had so much fun doing it!

Brooke Jarrett said...

You ROCK!! I love my bag!!! I can not wait to have it in my hands, I have my coupons all ready to go!!! I swear you are the best and most creative person EVER!!! Can't wait for my next one!

~Brooke

Megan Joy said...

Love it! Sounds like you should break that sewing machine! You did a great job!

Unknown said...

I am "sew" stinkin jealous of your talent!!! I loveeeeee it!! My birthday is in a few weeks....hint hint. LOL Just kidding of course but seriously girl, you should be selling those!!!!! :)

Steph @ Thoughts From Cali said...

I love your work so cute!!!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin