Monday, March 15, 2010

Something cute for the kids!

So in an effort to tame some of the never ending papers that LB1 gets from school and the little doodles that LB2 makes all day long, I put together another binder. I made one for LB1's preschool stuff ages ago but it got spilled on (of course) and I waited 10 years to get another. This one is cuter anyways-- fate maybe.

Okay so I purchased two of the cheap 1.50 white 1 inch binders at WM and...

poof!

They ended up cute!

No?

Doesn't work like that?

Okay we'll tell you the real story, I recently ordered some vinyl from my vinyl girl, Dawn. And, I told her how much I loved loved loved these flower name labels and I'd love some for the girls' bedroom doors. But, alas right now they don't have doors. (Don't ask.) I said I'd wait for them till later- but guess what came in the mail! So for the time being I used them for this project!

I LOVE it, the girls love it. They're so fun looking! Dawn is fabulous- want to see some more cute things that I ordered?

I've been stuck on this blog lately and she had an awesome idea for a chore/coin/token/point system in her house and I adore the idea! I think my kids are going to LOVE it and actually help out a bit. Wait, what? Did I say they don't help out? I mean.. they're angels.

Right.

Anyways.

So the idea is that they each have their own box and they get a coin (or two) for a certain thing they do.

Ie. Putting their shoes away, cleaning up after themselves, remembering to brush their teeth without me nagging (getting better at this!)

After enough coins they can get a treat or save up for something even better like a movie with Mom and Dad or something small from the store! Actually twice tonight LB1 has mentioned to her sister that they've gotta get along to get some coins! :) I think for now we're going to use beads or buttons-- my store didn't have poker chips. Oh well, same idea! Same results I hope! :)

So wish me luck! I hope both these ideas help out in my house. Crossing my fingers! Thanks Dawn for the fabulous pink vinyl. You really are the best!

DIY DAY

Todays creative blog


22 comments:

Jessi said...

Those are ADORABLE! Gotta love organization...even better when it is cute!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Awesome vinyl!!! Love those little notebooks, and the boxes are cute too. :) Thanks for the visit...glad you liked my blog party "manifesto." ;)

Unknown said...

What a cute idea with the notebooks. Great way to save all the papers.
Brooke

Christine said...

Love the vinyl and the ideas!!

Andrea P. said...

I love the vinyl on the binders. I'm going to have to store this away for next year when my kiddo actually has a binder. Too cute!! Nice DIY.

Laney Green said...

Those binders are so cute. My kids get points that are laminated business size cards that say "1 pt". Haven't blogged about it, yet. wourstorybegins.blogspot.com (I'm on my non-blogging Gmail lol)

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

i need to learn how to use my cricut to cut vynil cause this is super cute

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Adorable! Let's get together next weekend and make fun vinyl lettering crafts!

Oh, right...

{sad face}

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

These turned out adorable! What a clever idea!

Anna said...

those vinyl letters are so bright and fun. My daughter's school binder is falling apart, I need to get her a new one and buy something like this

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Great idea to organize all of those lovelies in a binder. I so need to do this!!

Nicole said...

Such a great idea and so cute! BTW- such cute little girl names. I love those names.

Katie Olthoff said...

Those are so cute. I love the fun fonts!

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Too cute these turned out great!

~Morgan

http://meetvirginiaandroo.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MeetVirginiaShop

Elder Esplin said...

If it doesn't work at least you have two cute notebooks and boxes! Good luck.

Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

Jami Schoettler said...

Thanks! I always do shelfish crafts, so I thought it would be fun for both of us. My husband even went to the store and bought some Rolos to put in there after he goes to sleep. I'm actually pretty excited! And these are sooo cute by the way! Jami

kozykids said...

I love these!! And your blog! Following happily!

Tina said...

Oh I love how your folders worked out and those decals are just gorgeous!! Loving your coin (token/button) collection containers too, what a brilliant idea:) Hope you are having a great week ~ Tina x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

You don't have to be a kid to like these! I'd love to have something fun like this at work!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin