Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Fluffing

In the process of adding a little spring our lives, my lovely other half brought these home to me the other day!

I put them in my Spray Painted vase and decided to add a little more spring to it. It was extremely easy, wanna see? I cut the jute twine and ribbon long enough to wrap around and tie in a big enough bow for my liking.


Then I cut a 4ish inch strip of cream burlap and cut it in half so it was super skinny.

You could tie a bow with the burlap but in my silly ol' mind it would have been to bulky.. See?

So I improvised and I tied the ribbon and jute together around the vase and fluffed with the bow until I liked it. Then I folded and tweaked with the burlap in the back of the ribbon to hold in the shape of a bow. A faux bow, if you will. No bulk and just a hit of that lovely stuff called burlap!


[That color is a little funky..whoops. As you know I'm too lazy to change that. We'll have to suffer through it together. ;)]
Easy peasy! Then we had a photo shoot in my bedroom.
On my white washed dresser
Needs some texture though huh?
Love.It.



27 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

So pretty...I'll admit...I'm jealous...I may have to buy some flowers, since the ones outside keep getting covered by snow:(. I do love that vase...

Susan Freeman said...

That's a very nice composition! Hope your Easter Sunday was fun.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

judi said...

simple and pretty!
judi ;)

Katie said...

I'm loving that happy little pitcher. Happy Spring!

Michelle Lyman Design said...

Such a sweet little arrangement. I think I have a pitcher around her...

Kate said...

{I made a comment just a second ago but got an error message. Sorry for the duplicate comments if it does end up coming through!}

How sweet of your honey to bring you those! And they look so pretty the way you arranged them. You are so good at adding special touches!

Rachel said...

you are crazy amazing...i am so jealous!!!!

Tenille Gates said...

It looks FAB!..im lovin it ♥ Ive been on the hunt for pitchers to spray paint and am curious which s/p you used? Did it get all drippy or was it pretty easy peasy?

So Sunny Day said...

ohhhh... lovely!!!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Nicole said...

So pretty and cheery! Craving spring here, but showing no signs today. This makes me smile though!

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

This is too pretty!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia Crafts
Meet Virginia's Etsy Shop

Kelly said...

so pretty! love the color against the white dresser.

Kelly said...

so pretty! love the color against the white dresser.

Kelly said...

so pretty! love the color against the white dresser.

Jennifer Juniper said...

So springy! Right on :)

pamela said...

So pretty. Tulips are probably my favorite flower and that is my favorite color so a sure winner for my vote. Pamela

Mayra said...

How pretty! Love the color combination.

Now following your lovely blog. =)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Lucky girl - surprise flowers are the best!

Katie said...

So simple yet such a statement. I love it!

Betsy Thompson said...

I need to get myself some of that jute twine. You do such cute stuff with it! Major cute, and I love the tulips...SOOO springy :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love. it. too. Sometimes you don't think of how easy some ribbon or burlap can make a transformation. :) Thanks for visiting my blog while I was away. :)

michelle b @ every little thing inspired said...

so simple yet perfect!
pleaes stop by my blog to help me name my new piece of furniture!! a little gift for the successful namer as well!! :)

xoxo
http://missbblogs.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-girl-in-town_06.html

Sherri said...

Love the elements! I'm a huge jute and burlap fan. And the white pitcher is beautiful with the flowers.

The Single Nester said...

Simple yet lovely!

Debbie @ OtRD said...

What a great idea! Just lovely!

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

Isn't it lovely to have flowers in the house? I have to bring some of the daffodils inside and make a vase like this.
Sarah

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

So pretty and springy! I like how simple it is!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin