Friday, May 14, 2010

Disney in a nutshell

Thanks so much for letting me vent earlier everyone. Sometimes I'm a cry baby, I know! I was a little worried about the hate mail I'd get for it but I'm reassured that it's all good--in the hood. Now let's forget it and get to the fun stuff right?

Yes, we left for Disney on the 5th and drove for what seemed like forever until we got there on the 6th. Ewww! We stopped halfway through at a Days Inn, and I'd love to talk to you more about that but I'm trying to forget about the mildewy floor and the cockroach I found. It was a scary place alright, but for a couple hours to sleep I got over it. :)

We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside-- it's got a old deep south bayou type feel and I absolutely adore it. The moss on the trees, the music, the boats.. it makes me giddy!

This was a photo coming off the boat, that's the restaurant, food court and main hall. They look like seperate buildings from the outside but they're all connected inside. Love it. It's like a perfect little main street.


We went to Animal Kingdom and had a ball on the safari ride :)


And, rode the tea cups for the first time at Magic Kingdom. 

 
They had no idea what was coming here.


I think she's having fun ;)


 Of course we met a ton of friends! 



We were absolutely blessed to be able to go. If you're ever able, it's a TON of fun! Not just for kids! ;)

Okay, in case you're laughing at me--yes I absolutely DO dress my daughters alike. It's a sickness I tell you. However, My husband and I most definitely do not coordinate our outfits! We didn't realize till we got there and I said "Why did you wear the same thing as me!!" Sad, isn't it.

Okay, just because you can never show to many pictures.. a few more favorites.

Some things I learned this trip:
  • Don't bother wearing make up to the parks. You'll sweat it off by 10:00 am. 
  • The gallon bags for clothes was a success! Worked like a charm! 
  • We went to the parks in the later afternoon around 4:00 when people were tired and going home and had 5 minute wait lines at almost every ride. :) Loved it! We didn't have to use a fast pass once. 
  • There are very little gentlemen out there that get up on the bus for a lady carrying a child. Most the times when we took a bus I was standing holding LB2 while LB1 held on to our legs for dear life. What happend, guys? Your Mothers didn't raise you like that! 
  • At some point during the week-- someones going to pee on themselves in public. That same person is going to throw a tantrum on the bus, boat and at the Rainforest Cafe. Guess who? No, not the Husband.
  • Bring snack food! The first night we went we had a chicken alfredo, chicken strip salad, and 1 mac and cheese for the girls to share and two of those cups that you can re-use.. Our bill? 78.00. Trust me, I thought about acting like I forgot my money and leaving it there.. leaving the park all together actually. ;) We had grapes, granola bars, yogurt, carrot sticks, PB&J and other little snacks in the room that we had for lunch. Saved the big bucks for dinner.
  • Chick-fil-A is heaven. Why do I have to go down south to get it?
Well that's all gals! Hope that helped at least one of you! Remember you can check out Disney week and still enter the giveaways!

16 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Great pix Rachelle! Wahhhh...I wanna go back. Looks like a great time.
Really? No Chick-Fil-A back home? We have them and we're not down South.
You are right on the pricey food in the Kingdom, that's why we do dining plan and we STILL bring snacks. That place makes you hungry.

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! I am so jealous that you found the real Donald and not that cowboy one I had to get my pic taken with! Bah! I may have to go and hunt that duck down!

Beth said...

We are leaving for Disney for the first time tomorrow! We are staying at the exact same hotel! I have two boys 5 and 3! Good tip about going to the parks later in the day!! Glad you had such a great time:)

Katie said...

I don't even know which pic is my favorite. You all look so great. I can't wait until someday when I can go. I really feel like since my parents didn't take me I should get therapy our something. Seriously! I don't know why they couldn't haul 8 kids to Disney Land. ;)

Unknown said...

You're girls look like they had a great time. They will always remember it! Can't believe you don't have a Chic-fil-A

Kenzie said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had an amazing time!

Kristi said...

Love all your pictures!! We brought our boys to Disney when I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter (who is now 22 months). They LOVED it! No fun for me because I was pregnant and all I got to go on was "It's a small world" LOL!
I was cracking up over your food bill, RIDICULOUS isn't it?? We ate in our room (which thankfully had LR, kitchen and laundry) a lot and it saved us cash!
I know we are going to go again soon. Maybe this winter..... maybe next, LOL :)
Kristi

Betsy Thompson said...

Love love love the pics, and I am so jealous! Sounds like you all had a fabulous time! I hope to get there someday by the time I am done having kids and they are old enough to enjoy it. Paul and I thought about going for our honeymoon and it didn't happen. Boo. Looks like your girls loved it :)

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

LB1 and LB2 ROCKED my hair clips! I am seriously going to have to make more because they look so darn cute!

I am for sure hitting up Mr. Fingerprints on the Fridge on Facebook to laugh at the matching outfits. I'm laughing out of cuteness. You guys are too much.

DW's castle is better than ours.
The teacups look bigger.

Oh, and you posted my favorite animal- so jealous of animal kingdom. I can't wait to hear more about it!!

Sawdust Girl said...

Looks like you all had a great time. We've been talking about going to DW. I'll have to remember the 4:00 tip. I always thought it got busier as the day went on so getting there first thing was the way to go. I guess that's what everyone thinks so I'll have to adjust my strategy. Thanks for sharing your pics with us. You're an adorable family.

Chris -East Coast Suburbanite said...

Wow looks like you all had such a great time. I can't wait to take my little ones to WDW someday. I loved your idea for the autograph books and packing each outfit. Thanks for the tips.

Sweet European Dreams said...

I'm really enjoying your blog! You've been awarded the Versatile Blogger award. See my page for more details! -diane

Dani said...

I just discovered your blog about a month ago, and I love it!!!!! Your ideas are great, and living in Florida and being a Disney nut I really loved disney week, keep up the good work!!!! :)

Colette said...

The Polka dotted, minnie dresses are too, too cute!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Looks like a blast! I wish I could take my kids there!!!!!!

Kate said...

1. Love that resort! I've stayed there and Port Orleans Riverside. Fabulous.

2. LOVE their matching minnie dresses. Adorable!

3. Love the Rainforest Cafe. I worked there (the one in Nashville, TN and the one at Animal Kingdom) in high school/college. There are days when I want to quit my big girl job and go back.

4. $78.00 for a family of 4 (2 of which are small!) is ridiculous!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin