Friday, May 7, 2010

D.W. Day 5 Disney Memories!

***EDIT****Ive gotten a Few emails about the linky not workinG I'm unable To get to a computer so please leave your link or memory in The comments!                                                              Today I want to write about memories! Being that I grew up in a traveling family-- I loved the memories we made driving around, flying, eating at new places, swimming in the pool, palm trees.. Being away, relaxing. I.Love.it.

We used to always travel with my cousins, who I grew up with like sisters. 



This is us on my wedding day :') Tear.

I remember video recording us singing rap songs in our hotel room one night thinking we were rock stars and the sink faucet turned on. We were terrified that it was a ghost and caught it all on camera. I wonder where that (VHS) tape is now? ;)

I also remember my younger cousin and I riding the elevator up after swimming one day and it stopped on a floor and another boy a couple years older than us got in. Just the three of us, and well we were two giggly pre teens... maybe teens.. Okay it was when I was 21.

Not.

Anyways, She was trying to embarrass me and I remember she said something like, "Yeah he is cute" Or "Stop looking at his butt" I couldn't stop laughing I had to crouch on the floor so I didn't pee.

Yep. 

I went there. In blogland. Written down in google history. 

He probably thought we were insane. How did I ever get my husband to marry me? I'll never know. 

My most RECENT memory was taking my girls for the first time. It was also my husbands first time staying on site at Disney. The girls faces were amazing. When LB2 first met Mickey she ran up and grabbed his face and started kissing him! I can't wait. Can you tell?

Your turn! Tell me your favorite vacation (Doesn't have to be Disney, but you get bonus points if it is!) memory!




14 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I wanted to correct my spelling.

anyway..I can't link..I keep getting an error.

Your wedding photo is beautiful!

-heather

Heather said...

I wanted to link too, but something went wrong. It won't let me post my link. :( Loved this post though, so glad y'all had fun at Disney.

Leanne said...

My whole family loves Disney. Have a wonderful time.

April @ PolkaDots n' PinkySwears said...

My favorite vacation memory was taking my kids to the beach for the first time!! I loved watching them in the waves and running along the waterline in the sand!!

april_vereb@yahoo.com

Life in Rehab said...

We've been to Disney 22 times and have loved every single trip. My favorite was Sammy's 5th birthday with lunch in Cinderella's Sastle. I wonder if that's what he wants for his 19th this July?

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

So it looks like you have a bunch of random craft links instead of vacation posts, but I'll visit the ones who linked up about travel. (Is it really that hard to follow directions and link up with the THEME of the linky??!) ;)

One of my favorite trips was when my parents took us with another family to see Europe for their 25th wedding anniversary. We got to stay in a real castle, go on the "Sound of Music" tour, and met some wonderful people! I really cherish my photos of that trip. :)

The pic of your girls with Minnie is priceless!

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Thanks so much for hosting! I have just LOVED your disney week!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

FrouFrouBritches said...

Okay. So, I'm a dork. I thought we were linking crafts and commenting vacations. I just read Amanda's comment. Sorry.

My favorite vacation was Disney, but I was 25. It was my first time to stay in Disney. It was my brother, sister, my parents and me. It was great because we were old enough to ride anything we wanted and nobody had to take a nap right in the middle of the day like when we were little. Disney never gets old no matter how old I am!

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

one of my fave vacation memories was a recent trip to mexico (no kids allowed) lol as much as I love being a mom it flet like I was a teenager running around with my hot stud. i read books by the pool, swam in the ocean, and ate my weight in mexican food. it was amazing

Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} said...

im sorry!! i left a craft link also, im such a dork :)

My favorite vaca is when we took the kids to the ocean last year - we LOVED it!!

Have fun :)

Kathy said...

My favorite vacation is yet to come...not sure what or when it will be:)

How did you "get" your husband to marry you? Oh no no no Darling, you are sooo adorable! On so many levels and in so many ways. Isnt it funny sometimes though, when you ralize that YOU are the "grown up" and really not very far from the giggling pre-teen crouching in the elevator. Not much seperating then from now. In face Im much more likely to HAVE to crouch to stop from peeing when giggling uncontrollably. It could happen, Im just saying.

Kate said...

You had to crouch on the floor to keep from peeing?? hhahahaahah I love it!

And I love that your girls were so excited to see Mickey. Precious!

Anonymous said...

LOL...One of my favorite vaca memories is when hubby and I went away for the weekend. I had to crouch down in the parking lot to keep from peeing because he had me laughing so hard. It may or may not have worked. At least i was wearing HIS pants.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin