Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Teacher Gift

A project? Completed? Here?! At Fingerprints on the Fridge?

Yes, I know. It's ahem-- been a while. But this idea did not originate in my head it came from my friend Kimmie, you make recognize her name as I'm spewing out free advertizing for the girl on a daily basis.. ;) She made these super cute flower gifts for her little girl's teachers for Teacher Appreciation day. She's super mom and remembered that day. Me, myself and I forgot.  So, preschool graduation will have to do! I got a super cheap terracotta pot from the craft store.


Something like 1.98, remember I just got back from Disney, otherwise known as drain your bank account world. It's slim pickins around here! :) Used some fun spray paint colors and some scrap book paper. :) Easy as pie!

 Sorry it's so blurry, we were running this morning trying to hurry.


 A nice little tag with the words "Thank you for helping Lily Bloom!" Get it, Lily? Yeah.. har har.. I know. ;) I've seen some super cute projects out in blog land for end of the year gifts or T.A day presents and I love them! If you've made anything special lately for your teachers out there and want to leave the link in the comments I'd love to see them! Now off to my usual procrastination... Happy Wednesday!

Love, the graduate and her cheering section! 


14 comments:

Erin @ Two Story Cottage said...

Figuring out an end of the year teacher gift was on my to-do list today. Think I can check that off now - thanks! Love your blog by the way.

Crystal said...

what a sweet gift idea.

Reyna Meinhardt said...

Adorable! I love the little saying! I'm sure her teacher loved it!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, I love it!! Teachers love cheesy phrases like that (my mom's been teaching for 30 years). Great gift without being all "teachery" with apples and chalkboards and stuff. ;)

Megan said...

I'm a Kindergarten teacher (today was my last day with my kids) :( and wow, I would have LOVED the gift you made for your child's teacher. That was so thoughtful. Thanks for sharing!

http://coffeypartyof3.blogspot.com/

Shaunna said...

Thanks for the idea!! Will totally be doing this! :)

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Free advertising is my favorite. You know this.

Happy last day, sweetie pie!!! Love ya ooodles and ooodles! xo

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Adorable! When I was teaching I would have loved it!

Katie Olthoff said...

As a teacher, I would SOOO love to get a gift like that! In fact, a 5th grader brought me a peony bloom, and I tried to convince her to divide the plant for me so I could plant it in my garden! lol

Joselyn said...

I like this a lot. What a great idea!

Melissa said...

Very nice!! The rafia is a nice touch. :)

Unknown said...

I love your blog, so much so that I gave you a blog award here http://westbrookedrive.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-blog-award.html.

Have a great day!

Kimberly said...

That's a great gift! As the daughter of a teacher, I have to say it's one of the better ones because teachers can only get so many #1 Teacher Mugs before it's just too many. :) Thanks for sharing!

Sawdust Girl said...

Oh, that's so cute. ...Lily bloom. I love it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin