Monday, June 7, 2010

Diaper Cake wanna be!

A friend of mine is expecting her first baby next month. Woohoo! A little boy named Evan.. Or Carter, depending on if who you ask-- Mom or Dad :) I wanted to take a try at a diaper cake. I absolutely LOVE seeing them around blog land and at parties. Whats the worst that could happen right?

ha..

ha..



I guess it's not HORRIBLE. I don't think we'll see it on (diaper) cake wrecks ;) or anything. But what I had in my mind was a little more fabulous. Want to make one? Get your husband to sit down with you on a Saturday afternoon 2 hours before said shower and roll and tape diapers with God's speed. :) Some pretty ribbon, wooden animals and sports stuff.. (Nursery theme is Sport safari) and some clothes, shoes and (Matching!!!) bubbles and lotion, and you're set girlfriend! Practice makes perfect, anyone else want to get pregnant so I have a reason to keep making them?? Takers? :-D

11 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I have been dying to try one .. I have the same problem no one I know is making babies right now!!! I think it looks great!!!!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I think this looks really cute. You are too hard on yourself.

Faith said...

i love it! you did a great job. now if i tried it ... that's another story!

Katie Olthoff said...

I think it looks cute! Now what exactly is a "sport safari?"

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

You did a GREAT job!! No cake wrecks here!

heather

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Sports Safari- as in lions and elephants wearing sports gear and playing football?

I had no idea you were doing this. I have a box of rolled and taped NB diapers from a diaper cake that I never made. I could have shipped them.

Lame.

P.S. Phone has died. Post about your day so I can hear what happened!

sprytemarie said...

Um HELLO!!! We have Jessica to look forward to... And maybe someday I can surprise you with another one!!! I guess I better get in gear though right?! HA... They are darling... Can't wait!!!

Leigh Ann said...

Rachel,
Your diaper cake turned out so cute! I have been making them for all my nieces. We are going to a shower for my niece in law this weekend so I'll be making one for her too! nothing better than new babies to love on! :) Here is some pics of mine...

http://labbabslife.blogspot.com/2009/07/diaper-cake.html

and
http://labbabslife.blogspot.com/2009/07/daiper-cake.html

DanainDFW said...

Looks good to me. I vote (don't I get one?) for Carter - my DS#1 is named Carter.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I'm pregnant. I'll definatly take one. :)

sanjeet said...

You are too hard on yourself.
Adsense Alternative

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin