Saturday, June 12, 2010

Freak of nature

In the few years that we've owned this home the husband I've been trying to fill out the front planters the best that I can with my favorite plants.. Meaning-- easy to grow. This girl does NOT have a green thumb that's for sure! But my hostas, day lillies, and such are doing mighty fine if I say so myself! :)


Then I saw a little guy like this one day.. I asked Mr. P to pull it up more than once, most the time if he doesn't comply within a day or two I just do it myself.. Har har. But, I noticed this sucker started growing at a rapid rate. Then it became an obsession-- a sick obsession. Everyday I felt like this guy was getting bigger. In his prickly, nasty, probably feeding off my hydrangias self, he became a freak of nature. A huge dandilion.



Don't believe me? 
Take a look for yourself. 

[I don't know why I stand like that either. Trying to get close and not pricked. Yep, that's how cool I really am.]

Yep that's me, all 5'2 of me, that creep next to me? Oh that's F.O.N. (Freak of nature) Want to see him from afar? I know I do.


Is it bad that I'm a little proud, I can make something grow. Too bad ol' boy had to go. 
Sorry. 

In my sick mind you'll be missed and known as the giant weed that almost took over my house. I'm sure my neighbors are finally pleased with me. Giant weeds, does it remind you of my giant leaf pile? It's like a creepy Steven King movie going on at my house.

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

That F.O.N is huge!! I am 5'2" as well. Vertically challenged people are cool :)

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Why is it that weeds grow so much faster, larger, better than real plants? I have many a F.O.N. to contend with every year. Glad you got rid of him before he started singing. (Little Shop of Horrors.)

Betsy Thompson said...

That is insanity!! It's like somethng from Little House of Horrors!

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

Oh my goodness! THAT is scary!!! We have had some large tall weeds around here.. but nothing that BIG! Whoa!

The House Creative said...

I bet that dandelion could have made some kind of record! lol! I didnt know that they got that big.

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

I have NEVER seen that in my life. You could have won an award I'm sure- too bad someone else will enjoy all of The Tallest Weed Ever glory.

P.S. HOW did I not know that you were 5'2"?! Do you know how tall I am? Cause I'm feeling like I let you down with my knowledge here...

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Hahaha, oh wow is the beast huge! I also had to laugh at your "sexy gardner" caption.

mrs. c said...

I don't know why weeds grow so well in my yard! it must be that 5'2" blonde headed women (you and me) are good weed growers!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That thing looks like it might brag a small child who might be passing by! ;)

KATIES MOM said...

Your front garden looks great! I sometimes wait a bit hoping those FON's end up being some really cool self sowing plant... only end up to be as you called it FON! I think that sexy garden guy aka at our house would be called cabana boy, might make a little vinegar water up and spray on your sidewalk weed cracks. Kills them in a day, and cheaper than Round up! Love your yardwork! Looks geogeous!

the cape on the corner said...

are you sure that is a weed? that is insane, and i would be proud, too. btw, love your super cute home. mine is quite similar looking from the front, except we have 2 dormers. i am always trying to plant things that i can't kill...i call myself a "remedial planter" b/c having a black thumb or brown thumb isn't as accurate!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin