Monday, July 12, 2010

Because everyone else has them..

Remember these forks and spoons that used to hang in your grandparents houses? Okay, (parents) maybe.


I remember them in my Gramp's house way back when. Now they're back like wildfire. Or, last year they were. Ha.. Yeah, I vetoed them greatly and said "No, I will not go back to that era." Then, I'd see them out and about and think.. Aww look at that. Cute! My mind would say no, and then my heart would get mad at me later. You know what happens when things come back in style? The price tag goes up too.

But when these lovelies were at HobLob for 3.00 a pc, I gave in. 


Gramps, you're back in style. Not so much the dark cabinets and mustard colored counter top but your giganto fork and spoon, yes sir!


I just needed to tweak them a bit for my taste. I saw this a *long* time ago which started my-- oh, they're not so bad mentality, and I wish I could tell you who started it. Blogger friend, if you're reading this: Let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!



Anyways, a spray of some left over white paint and some jute and I'd call it good! How about you? Tell me, love it or leave it on the huge silver wear hanging on your wall topic. Am I silly for giving in? Silly for doing it a year after they came "back"?


:)

Okay, now I know you're waiting for it.. The winner of the Bella Michele Stamped Jewelry giveaway is...
Pitter patter pitter patter..
Michelle (Weirrrrd.)
Via.. Random.org


I just emailed your contact info to Michele! Thanks so much for entering, everyone!

17 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Love it! That retro style is back and I love what you did with it. I haven't succumbed to it yet,but we shall see....

Leah said...

I love the fork & spoon in your 1st photo. I swear my Mom had some similiar to this back in the day and they had grapes/vine or something on them =) I picked up mine just recently at Hobby Lobby... of course 50% off!

Chelsea said...

I am not so much commenting on the super cute fork and spoon as I am on the great movie you are watching! Twilight! And guess what...it take place in FORKS...LOL!

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Hey Edward. Heeey-ayyyy.

Christine said...

I love it! and I love you painted them!!

Katie Olthoff said...

Love it!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Rachelle, those are awesome!! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Mama Thompson said...

I have been so on the same page as you with those silverware on the wall things....but I do think they are so cute as well...and I really have a perfect spot for them...give in or don't.....

By the way....LOVE them white and with the jute!

Polly said...

Love it! I have a big vintage fork hanging in my dining room. I left it's original patina because it was just silvery metal and I liked it.

When people visit, it's one of the first things they comment on!! So funny!!

They are really hard to find now!

Polly

Terrell said...

I love how you gave them a lighter makeover...they look oh so fab..and they're in a perfect spot! Nice work! :)
~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

Judy@cutest-little-things.blogspot.com said...

They look great - especially painted white with the jute! Very nice touch!

Judy@cutest-little-things

Kara said...

I love them! I keep debating between this or an EAT sign or something similar in my kitchen! Great job!

I love the 'oh hey Edward' in the background too...too funny!!

Kara @ Kara's Korner
http://mekhart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How come I don't remember these at all??? I was born in 1985.... I dont even remember these in my grandma's house! But I do like them!

Kayleen said...

I know what you mean about the fork and spoon era. I have a giant fork that my MIL gave me awhile ago. I have had it stored forever. Yours are so cute I just might have to get it out and join you. I Love it!!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I think I like it, white of course. i have a booth at an antiques mall and we are selling them again!

I joined in the fun and came over from Transformation Thursdays

Carol

Kelli W said...

I seriously love the big fork and spoon! I didn't even know they were in style when I bought mine at a thrift store to redo! I love yours painted white too...they look so different from the ones that are black! And the twine is a great touch:)

Unknown said...

Those are super cute and I love the touch of burlap around them...good find!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin