Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm Baaack.

Whew! Sorry about the interrupted service there friends! I had a few things in my non-blogging life that had to be attended to. But, good news is-- 1.) I'm back. 2.) We're still friends, right?

If you've been around a while you may remember my top 5 list for things to-do in the house for 2010. Let's rehash that shall we?

1.) Entry way
2.) The little girls' rooms.
3.) Bathroom touch ups.
4.) Bedroom
5.) Dining room sprucing.

Want to see what that list looks like flash forward to August 10 2010? Yup. You do!

1.) Entry way


2.) Little girls' rooms.
3.) Bathroom touch ups.


4.) Bedroom


5.) Dining room sprucing

So close I can taste it! Can I be honest with you right now? I loathe having my house on the market. It's just sitting there, I can't start any projects that can't be finished by the next day because of showings. I can't add anything that I might love because someone else might not love it as much (what? weird.) I'm bored. BORED. I tell you. Mr. Fingerprints and I have discussed what we'll do if the house doesn't sell by the end of our contract which includes a total basement re-do to make things easier for us to deal with. But what about now? Most of my crafty pants items were packed away during my de-clutter stage for showings and open houses and now I'm bored. Not living up to my potential. :) So.. I'm going to go ahead with the dining room and see what happens. Then maybe the girls rooms and see if anyone notices. ;-)

There I got it off my chest. Let's all cross our fingers that Mr. Fingerprints doesn't read this and give me the look. Yeah you know, that one.



5 comments:

Sawdust Girl said...

Welcome back. I've been MIA for a couple weeks myself and my creative side has been itching to get back at it. I feel for ya not having a project to work on since your house is on the market and you have packed everything up. Although, if you look at this as a looong vacation, it might help you pass the time.

3LittleByrds said...

Love how you've gotten so many of the projects done on your list. I think finishing them is a great idea. I'm sure whoever bought your house would love whatever you do since you have great taste. We just moved recently from Fla. to Tx. and it was hard for me to stop my projects knowing we were moving and now for the first time ever we're renting to make sure we're in the area we like and I'm stuck with limited decorating. I'll be glad when we buy again in a year or so.

Unknown said...

I think most people have been MIA this summer. I only posted once in July!! Loving your entryway and your bedroom. Hope your house sells soon so you can move on and get busy with projects. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I know that look so well!!! Hope your house sells so you can get your craft mojo flowin' again!!
lifeofperks.blogspot.com

The French's said...

I just wanted to let you know that your entry way is absolutely beautiful and completely inspiring! If you check out my blog entry today, I wrote about you! : ) Thank you so much for sharing all of your creative ideas for those of us that lack them. Your tutorials are so detailed and extremely helpful! Keep up the great work!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin