Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Because I can't stop talking about the thing above my tv.

Okay, ONE MORE I swear...Maybe.. Unless something comes up and I have to talk about it again, but I'm definitely done decorating it-- Until after Halloween. :)

Fall is a tricky tricky Holiday to decorate for if you like to sprinkle in some Halloween spookiness. Do you wait till Halloween? Do you decorate before, then change it to spook then back to fall for Thanksgiving? This year I went with a light, bright early fall with my mini-fantel, which you can read about here.




Then I beefed up the fantel here.




And, today-- in honor of the Mantel party at Nesters and because Miejer had some adorable bats on sticks as the cashier lovingly called them, I decided to go all out for Halloween. Last year (When apparently I had never taken a picture before..Eek, sorry for the dark blurriness) I went with a brighter color scheme by using more scrapbook papers, which I left out this year for a more white and black theme.


And...This year! 



I love it. It's calm, cool, creepy and vintage-- Thanks to the free images printed from the internet and framed.



Love the old photographs of kids in their costumes! Some where mighty scary huh? The pop of the single orange pumpkin really does it for me. I {LOVE} IT. I also sprayed some branches from the yard and added a bit more moss and called it a day. If I wanted to be Miss Perfect I would have made that #7 tag be #13 or #31.. But, I took my perfect crown off and put my lazy hat on. It is what it is.


Want a couple more sneaks?

Pumpkins and a bat photograph.



Eek sign, from last year and a fake pumpkin from Michaels. Sitting on my primed but never painted side table. Gotta keep it real.



Thats it so far! I have one more bin to bring up with lovely creepy things to scatter around the house and thats it! So happy I finished before the 1st, I get a whole month to enjoy my favorite holiday!

Linking to Nester's Mantel party, Blessed Nest Fall festival,
Hooked on houses 
Show and Share day
Jen's Autumn Party! 
Beth's Halloween Mantel party
Visit thecsiproject.com


34 comments:

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

LOL..you are a hoot!! LOVE your vignette!! Hugs,Rachel ;)

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

I love your fantle. I really like those bats you picked up. So cute and really add to your whole decor. I think I'll be decorating this weekend for Halloween too. Can't wait to bring out the spooks.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Eek! Those bats are so cute!!!! I love the Halloween fantle. And I agree with you. It is hard to decorate for fall before I bring the Halloween decor out. I'll probably put away the "fall" stuff and get it back out for November. I don't know. We'll see. See, it IS tricky! :)

Lisa said...

I love how you can do so much with so little. It is really inspiring! Your Halloween fantle is super cute. You definitely have the knack for decorating. I'm hoping to absorb some of your talent through osmosis. :)

Kirsti said...

I'm hosting a 31 Days of Halloween here: kirstikoo.blogspot(dot) com
Would you like to participate? I love all your Halloween ideas and decor! :)

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

Cute stuff! I love the pop of orange too =)

Stephanie said...

Love the pop of orange, but my favorite part are the brances (sticks) in the pitcher. Way to to keep it simple, but make an impact.

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

super cute! love the bat print! i use sticks too...easy and cheap!

SZM said...

Great job! I love it!

Chris said...

Ooh, I love it! I want that bat photo! You and I think alike with the branches! Too easy, right? Love it all!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Your frantel looks great! Love the black bats and the soppy stick coming out of the white vase!

:o)

Kendra aka "Domestic Princess in Training"

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Your fall and Halloween decorations are so much fun! Thanks for joining my party and sharing them with us! :-)

Kelly said...

love it all, especially the bats!

DANY said...

bellissime foto, le tue decorazioni sono meravigliose.
Dany

Mandy said...

super cute decor! love the black & white with a few orange touches! thanks for the inspiration!!!

Akeewee said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your style !

3LittleByrds said...

I love all your signs and those bats are too cute.

Faith said...

i love it! love your style! give me some of it!

Chris@ecsuburbanite said...

love love love those bats. So cute.

Kristen said...

awesome job!! p.s. I left you an award on my blog :)

nest of posies said...

you go girl!

work that fantel as much as you like! i think it looks really good. i love the bats on the sticks & i like your plain sticks too!

i've changed my mantel at least 3 times in a month. which is a record. so far.

thanks for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL!

kellie

KimMalk said...

I really like that you kept every thing clean looking with white and silver and let the orange "pop".

Tania Pelletier said...

I LOVE it... especially the white vases with little pumpkins perched on top, how cute!

Tania

Unknown said...

What a great idea! My house doesn't have a fireplace either and I miss having a mantle!

Love the bats! :)

Unknown said...

Cute! Cute! CUte! cute! CUTE!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

You're having way too much fun w/ that fantel! Lol!! Love your Halloween touches! (I liked last year's too!)

Kitty Deschanel said...

I love that your mantle isn't really a mantle! I was all set to tell you something whiny, along the lines of "but I don't have a mantle" and here you went and nipped that right in the bud :)

If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link to this on Not "Baaad" Sundays with LambAround!

Jessica @ Decor Adventures said...

What classy and fun decorations! They make such a nice mantle arrangement, love it :-)

House of Smiths said...

Love, Love, Love.... aaaaand, LOVE it.
The end.
Just wanted to tell you that your style rocks my world :)
~Shelley Smith
houseofsmiths.blogspot.com

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

It's been so fun to watch your style evolve over the past year. I loved you mantel last year and you topped yourself this year! Those twine wrapped candles are gorgeous with all the little black and white touches. Very classy spooky :). Thanks for linking up girlfriend and sharing your talents and inspiration with us!

Sandra said...

I love the black, white and a little orange look this year and the branch in the pitcher. Great ideas.

Angie Holden said...

Love it!! Especially those white pumpkins!!

paisley penguin said...

Love your decor! Found you from CSI project.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I can't believe I missed this post, Rachelle! :) I love your "fantel." ;) The bats on sticks are super cute too!! I'm visiting from The CSI Project today....

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin