Monday, September 27, 2010

Q & A Part One.

Ooo! Fun! Here is my question: How do you find the time to blog, coordinate linkups, and do projects? As a stay at home mom myself, I know how difficult it can be :)
  
   Well, I like to blog either in the morning or late at night, then either schedule them or when I get on randomly I'll post something I feel like talking about. Projects are fairly easy to get around to doing because my girls are close in age, and old enough to play in the playroom and give me some time. Now that one is in school though for half a day the other naps too. Quiet house, busy Mom!
My husband also is gone 90% of the time for work so it's one less person to take care of-- I mean, um, give my attention to. :) But on weekends I work part time and he comes home, so I skip the blogging when both of us can be home together. I try to balance it all out, even then I'm sure something is lacking-- No one can do it all.


I'd like to know how you schedule your day , too. SAHM and blogger here, too. I have only 1 child but sometimes I have a hard time keeping up!

   Schedule? Well, some days it's different but mostly the girls wake up around 9 and we lay around eating breakfast or watching Mickey Mouse clubhouse. I realize I'm totally getting spoiled sleeping in till 9 and I'll probably jinx myself saying it out loud now. But, hey they like to sleep and so do I! :) Then they either play up stairs and I do a load of dishes or laundry. Give them a bath, and get their clothes ready for the day. Pack my oldest her lunch and head out the door for school. Then the youngest and I will either go home and mess around with things that need to get done, take a nap or go grocery shopping/thrifting/errands that need to be done. Pick up the oldest again and go home and get ready for dinner or go to my Mom's for dinner, which she often likes us girls to come do. :) On the rare days that I have to go into work it's the exact same except we get up at 7 and they go to the sitters house or hang out with Dad when he can come home. At night we make sure nothing is on the floor-- put our clothes away from the day, play, work on kindergarten homework, watch a movie or Blues Clues then they go to bed. And, by bed I mean, climb out and come ask me for water..kisses..hugs..turn the fan on.."I'm hot"..."I heard something" 1000 times, each night. This is why they sleep in I guess. :)


How do you keep all of the kid clutter (aka toys and craft stuff) organized? I have triplet 2-year olds and their 'stuff' is taking over the house!!

  I'm working on organized, but for now it's put away. We have four drawers that are in our living room in our entertainment unit that are for toys. 1.) Drawing and coloring stuff 2.) Movies 3.) Small living room toys 4.)Video games..That one is more for my husband.



I get really claustrophobic and can't relax if there are a million toys on the floor. I can't stand it. So it's easier for our family to say "Time for a quick clean!" Either right when we get home, or before we leave (I don't want to come home to a stressful house) and a few times throughout the night when it's getting bad. It might not be the most efficient way but when we had the house on the market and got a call for a showing we just threw them in the drawers. Easy! Right now we're working on having a playroom with a nice system. Hopefully I can show it soon!

And, Triplets? You go girl!


OK so now my mind goes blank...umm oh how about have you ever visited England, 'cause that's where I am!

  I haven't but maybe someday! How fun that you get to live there though, I want to live somewhere fabulous. :) I haven't been too many places-- Mexico (Honeymoon) Dominican Republic (Anniversary) and of course Disney a handful of times.


*Dominican Republic-- Hot, Sweaty bus trip.. Pregnant with LB2, no makeup and a killer sunburn*

What made you decide to start a blog? :)

  Well I read them, loved them, and wanted to do it.
I also had no one around here that was really interested in the same things I was and I was getting to be sad not having anyone to relate to. Now I have this whole huge community of people who *love* what I love. Have kids and *understand* exactly what I'm going through. Some of them live all the way on the other side of the United States and I can just text them..Vent.. and they just KNOW what I mean. It's an outlet, one that I'm very blessed to have.

My questions are:
1. You are so stinkin' cute! Every picture you look adorable. Do you look like that all the time? or just when you take pictures? Where do you buy your cute clothes?


LOL. That's funny. No I do not look like that all the time, I usually only share cute pictures. I'm seriously vain like that. Want to see what I really look like? Okay... But you owe me, google is forever, and now I'll end up on some site making fun of me.




And I doubt she gave you the stinkeye that's just how her face looks, you know? That's just her face. 
Name that movie.
Now.

And all my clothes come from Target... Seriously. Maybe a little Kohls sprinkled in or Vanity. With the exception of jeans which come from Old Navy or American Eagle.. I need jeans that don't sit to low, I have a lot going on in the back and pants never stay up. No one wants a picture of that burned in their brain.  I just purchased the "Flirt" style from O.N and they have some stretch in them. They're like Heaven. :)


2. How in the world do you keep that white sofa white? I knew it's slipcovered, but my kids love red clay and Sharpies. How do you do it?

I don't stress. My husband however, he's a different story. He made a "No crayon, marker, pen, food, drink, shoes, dirt, germ, grain of pepper" rule for the living room-- Just in case. Then I let the girls do it anyways.. They always tell him I say it's okay when he's gone.. Blast those children! Here's what I do. If something gets on it, I wipe it up. If it's a mean ol' stain like lets say... Mild sauce from Taco Bell, I spray a little cleaner on it. My own solution of bleach and water chased with some dish soap and prayers... And it comes out pretty well. I just actually washed them for the first time last Friday, I put bleach in the machine and washed it like the regular whites and they came out shiny new. Oh, and I did it on cold so they wouldn't shrink.. That I would most definitely get in trouble for. I figure.. It's just a couch. Life happens, a stain wont kill me. I could always turn the cushion over. ;) 


That was fun girls! I'm going to slowly go through these considering there's quite a few! Plus it's fun to throw a little Q & A in on the blogging right? We've also had a few new friends come by.. *Hi!* I'm so glad you came, stick around eh? Have a totally random, fun question? Go to this post and I'll slowly but surely answer it!

12 comments:

Ange said...

Thanks for answering the questions, that was a fun post! :) Loved the "real you" picture. You still looked really cute.

Star Talks said...

Love the Q & A.
It's killing me that I can't name the movie. I want to say, "Four Christmases." Am I close?

Momma Rhyne said...

JUNO!! And you are so cute!! Love this post! You are a wonder mom!!

Michaela said...

Yay! So fun, thanks for doing this!

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*LOL~* You are too cute!! ;)Rachel~*

Rachelle said...

JUNO!

Four Christmases is good too though! I LOVE Vince Vaughn, like.. love him. Super funny!

Sabrina said...

Love this post and LOVE the honesty...you're still cute with the stink eye! ;)

BTW...wanted to tell you that I, too, have a LOT going on "back there" and suggest you trying the Long and Lean from Gap. I know that the name implies it won't fit the blessed bottom gals, however it totally works for me. It's a mid-rise. The price is kind of high, but they've been having some crazy sales on denim this year so keep an eye out. Jus' sayin'.

Melanie said...

That was so much fun to read! I love your blog - and I want to be a great blogger like you when I grow up!

Mary said...

I second the Long and Lean from the Gap, but now I have to go try on Flirt! I also like Levi's Curvy Bootcut...they sell it at Kohl's too :)

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

You're cute. The end.

P.S. My stink eye makes me look like I have a horrible plague and one of my eyeballs fell out. Just in case you were wondering.

Lisa said...

LOL, Juno! Love your site and it is nice to know other people aren't always so put together! :) thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

That was cute to read :)
I liked it :)
XO
Frenchy

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin