Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Family addition

No, not a baby.. I told you my thoughts on that here silly. :)

But I did add to the family room this week, in my attempt to finish it. Wait, will it ever be finished? No, but in my attempt to fill up the walls I finished something. I think I have a problem with hanging too much on the walls. But, they're all lovely things and I want to show them off.

Plus-- it's my house. 
My walls. 
I'll fill them as I please.
Neener neener neener. ;)


I used to have a painting that I did way back in the day of a rose and well red isn't working so well in the living room anymore and I wanted something neutral, classy, lovely and about the same size as the clock on the other side of the windows so they could balance each other out well.

Case in point.

The book wreath.



*Swoon*



I wont go into a huge tutorial because google will tell you everything you need to know but I did change it up a bit to suit my tastes.

1.) I didn't paint the ends of the pages, I burned them. Is that legal? I'm not sure, but I figured I was already tearing the pages out, fixing up the edges with a little crispiness wouldn't hurt anything.  Plus it smells like camping and makes me happy.



2.) I used glue and pins. I want this sucker to stay in place. If I did it again, which I will-- I would most definitely not use the pins with pearls on the top, but it's all I had at the time. There's a couple spots you can see them but I just moved the pages around and unless you're LOOKING for them, I think it's okay.



3.) It's probably too full, I even took some out of the middle because you couldn't see the inside circle and it's still really really fluffy. But I'm okay with that, are you?



I love it. It was super fun to make, I might make a million and start selling them, just because I liked the campfire smell I got from it all day. :) 




20 comments:

Tinamarie said...

Love the texture of the wreath - very nice!

Beth said...

Love the fluffiness! Looks great against your gray wall :).

Unknown said...

love these! Just added one to my Etsy store! Taking the photos for it just makes me love those wreaths even more!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Very pretty! I love the fluff and ruffles.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love the wreath!

Erin @ Two Story Cottage said...

So pretty & perfect for your space. Guess I'll be googling book wreaths now....

Kate said...

Ohhh... love it! Fits in the space perfect... Nice job! :)

Momma Rhyne said...

So great. I may just have to copy you!! Hehe!!

Danielle @ The Mad Ryno House said...

Love the 'fluff' (and the lamp)! The wreaths are going to make great holiday gifts in our family. I was thinking about lightly dry brushing the edges of the pages to add just a little hint of color, instead of burning? thoughts anyone?

- Dani @ JustDropsintheBucket

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

oooooh perfect for that wall!! I love your creamy cozy white family room.

At first I read the title as Family Addiction (lol...it might be true if you keep making these wreaths)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Oh no, it isn't too fluffy!! I think it's perfect!! Love it and it is perfect in the space!!

Lou Cinda

I like the crispiness too!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

It's pretty, Rachelle! :) I like the fluffiness. :) I haven't tried my hand at a book page wreath yet. Yours looks great!

Kelsey said...

I love it! simple and elegant! It turned out beautiful- I love that you burned the edges :)

scrapwordsmom said...

this really is cute!

Katie Olthoff said...

Mmm...I love a campfire smell, too! Any idea how many pages you used?

Michaela said...

Burning them! What a great idea! Love seeing all these cute wreaths (:

Leen said...

So cute, I love it! and I think the amount of fluff is perfect :)

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

I love it! It turned out so nicely!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't view your site properly within Opera, I actually hope you look into fixing this.

decoguy said...

I love how this looks, i like how you burnt the tips i give it a more authentic look. if you were to paint the tips what colour would you pick? and could you use newspaper instead?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin