Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wall art for the girls room

On my quest to find something cute, colorful, and fun for the girls new bedroom I had a thousand and two different ideas but for this certain project I wanted it to have a dual purpose. Pretty and functional. I like that.

It started with a frame that was once spray painted black, then in a high gloss white. Gotta love that white. Looks stunning against the blue we picked for the wall color. Which I might add is the perfect feminine blue color, and I know you're going to ask me what color it is and silly me wrote this post without looking at the can.



Okay okay, so we have a pretty white frame, a chipped one I might add but it was a markdown at Hobby Lobby and I can't say no to a good frame. Although our definitions of good may be different, chipped is not a biggy to me.



Time to get a bunch of different bright colored lovely ribbons. LOVE each and everyone one of these, love them I say! I threw in a little purple and pink for good measure, since those were a few of the requirements for a new bedroom.



Cut to length and glue your little hearts out! If I could find my staple gun I would have stapled it, it probably would have been faster and helped it to be as tight as possible, but alas no such luck. Trusty glue gun it is.



Don't forget to figure out a pretty pattern, that's important too. Even in a rainbow of colors and patterns there's always a theme hiding in there. Always.



Hang 'er back up and fall in love.



One thing I learned? Wire ribbon will not look tight no matter what you do. It waves and I'm okay with that, you'll see why.





See? Can't even tell! A pretty little ribbon holder for some pretty little girls.



Linking up with


16 comments:

Unknown said...

These are so cute! And so easy/fun to make! Great job :)

~www.bitsywhimsy.blogspot.com

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

J'adore!!!!! Those colors are perfect...if they get tired of it, send it my way, mkay? ;)

Lisa said...

What a clever idea! It turned out very cute, great job!!!

connorandmaddiesmom said...

this is adorable! thanks for the tutorial

House Of Aqua said...

Great idea!

The House Creative said...

Very cute!

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~**~Absolutely darling idea!!~*~*

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

If I ever have a little girl (and I hope I do!!) I'll be stealing this beautiful idea.

I also wanted to say hi and tell you I'm your newest follower. If you had the time, I'd be so honoured if you checked out my blog, and maybe even followed me, too!

Love love love your blog

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Love. Where's LoveBug1's school bow? I need to mail lots more!

EmTea Designs said...

Adorable! Love it! :)

Cassie said...

Yes!!!
I totally love this as an art piece with no bows!!!
SO customizable and Lord knows I have more ribbon than any one person should...Fabu inspo!!!
=)

Lee Ann L. said...

This is cute! I think I might have to steal this idea for myself (no kids here). Of course, I'd use it as just art and not a bow holder :-)

Jackie Layne said...

Love this! and will definitely be stealing it.... I always loose Mila's hair accessories :-)

Unknown said...

Those colors totally make the project, love it paired with the old frame! Sooo sweet.

I did a similar project on an old canvas, just don't hang it so the ribbons are horizontal. That's what I did and you WILL have to use it for art cause the hairbows will make the ribbons all wonky, lol.

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS! Great now I have another project hahahaha...Thanks for sharing!
Melly-
http://www.beckhamandbloom.com

Roeshel said...

Hi Rachelle! What a cute and clever idea - art + organization! Gotta love that! Thanks so much for linking your creativity to the DIY Project Parade!

Have a great week! ;)

Roeshel

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin