Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A decoration from the past

This is a repost from last year, but it's absolutely delicious and we had our first snow of the year today, so instead of crafting, decorating we're playing in the snow. Enjoy this oldie but goodie!   

Ever since I saw this wreath over at Nannygoat, who saw it over at Eddie Ross. I fell in love. I immediately gave up my adoration of fall and ran head on to Christmas. Yes, I skip Thanksgiving-- That Holiday and I do not get along. Another post for that mess. So I ran to the Dollar store and got my supplies. I'm pretty sure while I was there, another fellow blogger was doing the same thing. I say this because we both saw the last sleeve of itty bitty red bulbs and do you know what she did? She gave me the stink eye and went for them! Having a little class, I stepped away. When she turned around though, I took them out of her cart and ran. Jokes on her huh?


Kidding. ;)
I grabbed the itty bitty silvers and said some mean words and checked out. The other sites have the tutorials for these and let's be honest, they're pretty awesome at it. So check them out in case you don't want to read this drawn out novel.
Ready? Okay, Grab one of those old metal hangers and bend it into a circle, while unraveling the top so you can scoot those bulbs on. Or, better yet, have your best friend do it cheering her on all along saying "See you CAN craft!" While she's busy doing that, grab a Dr. Pepper and heat your glue gun up. Start by putting a little rim of glue on each of the ornament tops so that they don't slide off. Then string them on, rotating back and forth using little ones to fill in the gaps. Easy peasy right?


Then take some big ol satin thin wired ribbon you have in the basement and put her on the front door, Nester style.


Then realize that you can't shut your storm door because it's so thick and lovely. Awesome. ;) She'll find a new home soon.








4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just made a ball wreath last week. It put in on my "fantel" since it's too fat for the storm door. :-)

Jenna said...

I love how yours turned out!! I made one last week, but I like how yours turned out so much better!!

http://simplyjenna.blogspot.com/2010/11/christmas-bulb-wreath.html

Also, same thing happened to me (storm door issue...it found a new home too!

The Single Nester said...

Can you remove the storm door :) Looks great!

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Awesome, I LOVE how these wreaths look, and your color combo is right on. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin