Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Living room..again.

I've been on the lookout for a rug, you know this. I thought I found the perfect one way back in December but held off just in case it wasn't perfect. And, boy am I glad I did! I saw this lovely online but wasn't 100% on the color. We already have beigy colored carpets and I don't need a rug that is the same color! Luckily in person it was a much deeper, darker color.

Photobucket

Greenish-graigeish.. Love. Girly enough for the women in the house, and manly enough for the..er.. men in the house. :)

It does seem to bring out the green in the walls, but I'm okay with that. It's my favorite color I might as well swim in it! I have a few things I'm going to tweak and move around and guess what? The room, will be done! Or as done as it can be until I decide to paint something. :)

Photobucket

First things first-- A chair for the empty wall!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in love with that rug! Fantastic :)

Anonymous said...

I think it is gorgeous, great choice!

Lettered Cottage said...

Love the rug! The pattern is Be. Yootimus!

Candy said...

It's gorgeous and good thing u wait b/c this rug was meant to be in that room! :)

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Love the rug! It looks perfect. Your living room is so light and bright. I love it!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

The rug is beautiful! It adds a nice pop of color without being overpowering. Good thing you waited for the perfect rug, 'cause I think you found it :)

Comeca Jones said...

looks so relaxing .

Mel said...

Wonderful choice. Your entire room looks so inviting.

Katie said...

The rug looks like a good choice. We are in rug buying mode and I found a similar one in grey I want for our bedroom. I can't wait to see the chair you choose. :)

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Oh boy, I l-o-v-e the room.
I could live there!

Mama Up! said...

Great rug! I've been thinking about adding rugs back in - probably keep things warmer. But we have five cats, and last time we had rugs, I had to vacuum every other day or it would look gross.

liz@alittlepeaceofhome said...

I just love that rug!! It is the perfect color! Such a great find!

Jami Nato said...

freaking adorable. although, white couch? with kids? i have a khaki one...kind of twill and have enough troub keeping the kids jelly hands off of it.

Sarah Marie Kathleen said...

I think the rug is fantastic! It adds some nice pattern to the room. I think this whole room is beautiful. How peaceful and soothing it must be to sit in there :)
~Sarah

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

That is one cute rug. And I love the colour of your walls!!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Rachelle I just love your living room. It's got a beach chic vibe. The rug is perfect in there!

Matt Braham said...

I really like the rug. It does that room justice. My wife and I had a real hard time finding an affordable rug that we liked. In the end we bought one that was a steal of a deal. It was a floor model that fit our rooms style.

Great Post!

Cheers,
Matt
www.mychicshanty.com

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful room, R. And I have to say....a white couch would not survive one SECOND in my house! Not one. lol I'm jealous of your pretty living room. :) xoxo

Sweet Little Smoothie said...

Love the rug - and the whole room! Is so fresh and breezy :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin