Monday, March 21, 2011

Have you taken a risk lately?

The Nester wrote a love-rly post about taking risks. I used to be full of them, I was the kind of girl that walked on the wild side. Then I grew up (ha) and became a little.. ah.. vanilla.

Case in point.


Which I don't think is bad. I like vanilla. I like clean, airy, white (bleachable) soft colors. Pretty standard Rachelle as of late.



BUT I'm trying to branch out. I started by ordering the bright curtains for the playroom. A little color wont hurt me, right?

 
I know it seems silly to some of you but I'm the type of person that thinks if I add a little color, then my house will look like rainbow bright threw up all over it.

Coming from the girl who grew up in a neon green room with zebra print bedding. 

 
Not only are the curtains colorful, they're also pretty modern. I feel confident in saying it's the only modern piece in our house. Is it totally weird? The vanilla girl picking blue moon.. Yeah kind of, but I like it. Will I turn to graphic prints more? Maybe! I think it mixes well with the vintage feel that I'm putting in the room. Is my house going to go from traditional cottage chic to graphic, modern and contemporary? Probably not. But a touch here and there doesn't hurt.



12 comments:

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

I love the decor you have in your home. I love the softness of the white, but I do love your new curtains. Way to go on taking a risk!!!

twinkietotmom said...

Is that couch from IKEA? I bought the white slipcovered one from IKEA for our playroom (yes, white with kids in a playroom can never be good!) and have washed it once but the cushions need it again...have you tried bleaching yours? It says do not break, but I didn't know if maybe you took a risk and did...lol! I love those green curtains!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I saw that partay too. I put my kitchen redo on it. I have heard that one piece of modern will add a touch of class to a room. I like neutrals because I can change things around if I want to. BTW, like the curtains!

AMY said...

Love the Green curtains. And the white decor.
I'm a new follower.
Amy's Life @
www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

Carry Grace said...

The green is beautiful!

Jessica @ Decor Adventures said...

Rachelle, those curtains are just perfect really! I bet the make you smile when you see them.

I'm loving that shade of green too.

And you blog design is just lovely! I'm a new follower :-)

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I so like you the way you are. :) The green curtains are so tasteful that I think they are very you as well. Your home is so beautiful...what an artful homemaker you are.

Anonymous said...

I love the way your house looks...but I don't see how you get away with all of that white. My kids {and dogs} would terrorize your home :(...I find myself stuck on darker colors {like black}. I just inherited three vintage pieces and I'm trying to decide if I should stick with old faithful or try something new...like turquoise or avocado green...{sigh}

Gillian @ Letters to Liney said...

I love the breezy, crisp look of white but there is something about a bright splash of color that really adds dimension to a room. I think those curtains are beautiful and tasteful (definitely not reminiscent of Rainbow Brite). Great risk taking!

Charisa said...

I LOVE the curtains too! Great job!

Jess said...

Love your bedroom!!! I am slowly transforming my bedroom to that light airy, BLEACHABLE!!! look. LOL Do you use the duvet year round? I am looking for one that is OK for MI year round.
Where did you get your? Hope last nights ice storm missed you.

Andy said...

LOVE that coral pillow!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin