Monday, March 21, 2011

Playroom Curtains sneak

So I started on the play room many moons ago right? Yes. Yes I did. I painted it and left it. It was semi-hard to find inspiration for a room when you have all these bright plastic toys sitting around onthefloor. Yes, hard to find inspiration in a mess. But, I knew I wanted something bold and graphic for the curtains. I live a very neutral life, whites, creams and beige. Maybe a little sage green thrown into the mix and a little gray here and there. But when I saw this fabric at Hawthorn Threads.



I fell. in. love.

But it was out of stock. :(
Cue Tears. 

So I signed up for the notification for when it came back and waited some more. Then the angels sang and the heavens opened up and I got that email, and not five seconds later I added it to my cart and BAM. Three days later they were mine. Awesome-sauce.


I'm lame and didn't hem them correctly so-- Mother o' mine..avert your eyes. I just used an iron on hem strip, so I could fix it but.. eh.



Look how crooked they are? Yeah, that's bad. Pretend I didn't show you that.
(Ha, this post should be called how NOT to hang curtains.)
Whatev, I'm not perfect I figure they'll get dirty soon and then I can hang them a little more straight. Besides from far away you can barely tell. :) 

Second thing.

Not fun taking a picture of a window, not fun at. all. :) So, this was the only decent one I got from my iphone (to send to Mr. Fingerprints) and you can imagine how I'm NOT going to share this un-perfect picture...


Wait? Shoot. But the hem line does look pretty fantastic from far away, right?

Can't wait to show you the rest. It's all sitting in a pile on the other side of the room waiting to get it's spot in the..er..spotlight. :)


23 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

It sure does and I love that fabric!!

Lilliedale said...

I love the fabric you chose, it's so colorful and fun! If there is any place in your home that a crooked little hemline is okay then it is definitely the playroom, just blame it on the kids! LOL! Can't wait to see the rest. ~ Merrilee

Jenny said...

I love them! Imperfectly hemmed and all. Had you not shown us the extreme close up, no one would have been the wiser. Who is going to be snooping around the hem lines of your drapes anyway? (If they are, I would reconsider whether or not they're someone you want to be friends with). The fabric is GORGEOUS. Can't wait to see what else you do to this space!

The Girl Creative said...

Great fabric for a playroom! I found similar fabric at Hobby Lobby only the green was lighter. Glad you finally got your hands on it. :)

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Loves it! Come hem my curtains for me, k? Imperfect is WAY better than never-gunna-happen. :)

xo

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I love, love, love the fabric! It's fabulous! I love the print and the color, perfect for a playroom. And ehhhh, who cares about the hem! They look great.

Megan said...

LOVE that material!

Designed by Chance said...

Love the fabric can't wait to see the rest!

Dragonfliez Made said...

Love the fabric. Just brightens the room.
P.S. I hate taking pictures of windows as I only have a little point and shoot.

Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

haha. love that fabric- you are hilarious with your hem. I would have done the same thing! Can't wait to see what else you do in there.

Kathy said...

LOVE the fabric! Love love love...curtains look great can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

1. The fabric is awesome!
2. It's a playroom...no one is looking that close at your hem;)
3. From a distance you cannoet even tell.

Great job:)

Anonymous said...

I think the curtains look awesome! Love that fabric.

Rhiannon said...

luuuv those curtians! the print is fab! thats what I was looking for, for my bedroom but got shower curtians instead! LOL

Jami Nato said...

the hem is fab! just tell people yor kids pulled on them while playing(in the playroom...hello) and now they're uneven. but you can't tell. perf!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

LOVE that color and pattern! The hem looks just fine in the pic taken from across the room. You did a good job. :)

Mama Up! said...

I'm tempted to go scrutinize the Babby's curtains to see how well I did, but I think I'll just continue to look at them from far away, since they look even then.

Mallory said...

Love the color and the print! So cute!

Katie Olthoff said...

I love that fabric - and I love all the fabrics on that site! Are there any other similar sites with more modern/geometric fabric like that?

Jessie Saxton said...

Thanks so much for telling where you got the fabric! I have been trying to find the PERFECT fabric for my desk/vanity redo, and am now in LOVE with a bunch on the Hawthorn Threads website.

Unknown said...

So in love with this fabric!! It would be perfect for my living room! Can you tell me how many yards you used per panel? thanks!

Unknown said...

LOVE the fabric! And who cares about the hem. It's not a rough edge, so I think you're doing great! :)

Anonymous said...

HA, HA, HA, oh my gosh. i actually almost spit my coffee out, when i read your comment about your house looking like rainbow bright threw up if you add color. I said the SAME exact thing just days ago. my kitchen is nice bright clean white cabinets, with black counters but i have been slowly adding color, and i said i'm afraid to add too much, because i dont' want it to look like rainbow bright threw up all over it, ha ha. thanks for the laugh

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin