Monday, May 2, 2011

Board and Batten Entry way..Summerfied.

Er.. Springified? Maybe I just skipped spring and jumped to Summer. That could be true.


Either way, it's board and batten with a fresh coat of paint (I know, why would anyone WILLINGLY paint board and batten again..Well, entry ways in the Michigan winter and muddy spring equals lots o' mess and I do love a fresh coat of paint....) Plus we painted the walls a new color. However I feel like it's when you color your hair and it totally looks different to you but no one notices. Yeah, but I notice and I love it.

I think the walls used to be bamboo or Indian painting. They ring a bell for me but I could never find the can to double check, or I could be crazy and making those up. Either or.

Now, though...they're Sandstone Cove from HD. :) La-la love it! It's such a fresh color. I had quite the time trying to find a neutral beige/greige color without it being too green or too pink. This fits the bill. However in some lights it does cast a green hue but, not as much as Rice Grain which was another contender.

That's a lot of paint info for you, and that wasn't even the point of this post. Geesh Rachelle stay on track.



What I did do, is get some new pillows! Whoopwhoop! They're outdoor pillows, which I love because I'm not freaking out about them getting dirty or being left on the floor to get peed on because they're new and then must get marked. What? Your 6 year old dog doesn't pee on EVERYTHING if you don't keep on eye on him or crated? Oh.. Right. Me either.

And, can you believe it? I went for another graphic print! I'm soo out of my comfort zone it's ridiculous, but I like it.



I'm living on the edge here. 

But I paired it with a floral print. 
Phew, there we go. 
Calmed down again. 
I like how they have similar colors so they "go" but they aren't the same. You get it, dont ya. 


Now, I don't want to toot my own horn but I do believe there is a way to incorporate black, and brown together and it's working wonders in here. Love the brown rug, the chalkboard paint, the cork and the walls. With a splash of green it all just flows. Don't be scared to be wacky and use black and brown together, they're neutrals for a reason, because they go with everything. Why can't they go together? I think David Brom. taught me that, he's on a lot at this house. He's hubs favsie.

So that's how I summerfied my entry way. Now if the weather would warm up and I could take out the MILLIONS of boots and winter shoes out of the bottom bins and fill it with flip flops my job would be complete. However, you just never know here. ;)

Want to see it throughout the years? Little changes people, we've done 'em.


 (Notice the door is only primed..I know I know, only half superstar project getter doner.)



In super important other news, my friend and sponsor Denise is helping the victims from Alabama by donating all her proceeds from her instant download shop from now until May 5th. 
 So, if you sew, or know someone who is, or just because you want to help, check it out and buy something or two. I can only imagine the devastation going on down there right now and I'm in AWE of how our blogging community is coming together to do what we can to help. Gosh you guys are awesome, just awesome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome!! I'm drooling, I sooooo wish I had a spot to do something like this!
lifeofperks.blogspot.com

Homeschool on the Croft said...

What a gorgeous hallway. I love it, and certainly wouldn't mind opening my door to *that* !

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

I think it looks great, and I love the pillows. They add just the right pop of color!

Tiffany said...

I wish I had a home that had a mud room. I'm sure it's a northern thing, because we don't get snow in Florida. Love the colors and your decorating. Jealous!

Jami Nato said...

super gorgeous.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

It looks fantastic, Rachelle! :)

Natalie said...

Ooooh, I la-la-love it, too! I think I'll have to our master bath in those colors, they look FABULOUS together!

Corrina said...

Wow, that is a cool entry. Very organized and pretty. Great job!
cassoncorner@blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin