Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer To Do List

 So, everyone has these pretty Summer to-do lists nowadays, I know this. And we even have a handy dandy "summer in a jar" that we use for surprise ideas on what we're going to do for the day. But I was kind of itching to make a big list. I had something pretty in my head and I figured, well we'll use the jar on special days and have the list to check things off. Perfect


So I dragged out a collage frame we had in storage (We took all the personal photos down when we put our house on the market and I've been too lazy to get them all back out. Such a bum.) And used a bunch of 50% off sheets of scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby. Then I cut them in random sizes of strips. I love me some random, takes the pressure off of being perfect all the time. ;)


From the back I taped the papers together so that they would lay nicely and then taped around the sides so it's not flapping all over the place when you go to turn it over and you cuss at it a few times. Not that I did of course, just watching out for you. ;)

 Seriously, try and take a picture of glass without a reflection. Torture.

 Like my pretty song I wrote for Mr. Fingerprints? Someone practiced her spelling by copying it. I die.

Now it looked pretty enough like this. It really did, but I wanted some kind of title on it and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to do it on picnik without it looking like crap. So I searched the free printables from TipJunkie and found this beaut, from The Rubber Punkin. So cute! Printed that sucker out and trimmed it to fit nicely and backed it with some more scrap paper.


Gosh I love this thing. It's so bright and colorful and out of my comfort zone of whites and neutrals. Ha! The hard part is making sure the girls don't wipe it off every 5 minutes. Since it is within reach and everything, and I know it's so tempting. ;)




 Love.

Have you seen my other favorite Summer lists?

Meg's



Eighteen25's



How about you? Have you made a summer list lately? Leave it in the comments so we can come see!













The Lettered Cottage


36 comments:

Tanya said...

Super cute idea! Love it :)

aggieam01 said...

LOVE the bright colors. This is so summer. And by the way, we may have ice cream for dinner tonight, so I don't have to cook. Thanks for the idea!!!

Lisa said...

Super cute! I actually like yours the best. Where do you get all the ideas?

And no, I don't have a summer list for us but my kids are 3 and 11 mos so summer won't be much different than the rest of the year. However I can totally see me doing this next year. So cute and a great way to keep busy!!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors ....and then that it was a dry erase list...that was even better. Heck I was ready to make one just as a decorative piece...but to be functional is even better!

Katie said...

I love this!! So cute! I love the bright colors you used as well!

Unknown said...

great idea, I love it!

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

Love this! I love the bright colors and the random strips of papers. It looks like you did it on purpose. I can see many other uses for this!

Oh, and love the Honeybee lryics on your chalkboard too. ;)

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

CUTE idea! I just love it! Might have to do this myself!

Christy said...

ooohhhhj, I love it! I don't have space for a summer frame, but a book/frame list is on my to do list. :)

Krista@RustikChic said...

We so need one of these. LOVE it! love the colors, love the list...great job:)

Paty said...

How lovelies... all ideas...
I hope you enjoy your summer...
here, in Brazil, is autumn... and the winter isn't so hard...or rigorous... just some days...
brazilian hugs

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

Love your summer list...especially the "eat ice cream for dinner" I soooo need to add that to mine! You can find mine here:
http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/2011/05/summer-bucket-list.html

Sommer said...

Fabulous!

jandjhome said...

This is a really cute idea. Love it.

Jen@eighteen25 said...

your summer list turned out great! i love how bright and fun it is. just thought i'd pass along.... that we found that a sharpie works great because it doesn't just rub right off, but once you are ready to clean it off windex does the trick.
jen :)

Kathy said...

AMAZING! LOVE IT! Sometimes you ar so awesome that I almost forget that you are "real" thank you for being so amazingly awesome AND keeping it real :)

Emily @ ReMarkable Home said...

Your list is adorable! So bright and cheerful!
Here is mine...it makes me happy:)
http://remarkable-home.blogspot.com/2011/06/best-summer-ever-paper-craft.html

Tara @ Beautiful Blendings said...

Ridiculously in LOVE. Even showed it to my fella to try and convince him WE NEEDED it. ;)

Jenn said...

I love all your colors! Looks like you guys will be having a fun summer. I made mine into a mini album so I could add some pictures along the way.
http://cleanandscentsible.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-to-do-list.html

Jami Nato said...

too freaking cute. brilliant even.

Unknown said...

I love yours :) Love the rainbow colors!
Here's ours:

http://chrissiegrace.blogspot.com/2011/06/me-never-make-cookie-monster-cupcakes.html

Unknown said...

I really really really love your Summer board! Awesome idea.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

This is soooo cute! My kids would love to make one of these. I'm pretty bummed though, the past 2 summers I was home with my kids. I'm working full-time this year. I guess we can make a list for the evenings and the weekends. ;)

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome! I'd love for you to link it up at Fun For Kids Friday or our Summer Bucket List Linky or both!

http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/06/fun-for-kids-friday_09.html

http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/05/summer-2011-bucket-list.html

Jo @ SmileMonsters

Beth said...

Love how the colors just scream summer fun! Enjoy :).

Moore Minutes said...

I LOVE your list! It's such a smart idea with the markers. It looks perfect with all the happy colors.

Unknown said...

What a fun idea! It makes that corner of your home even more personal. Between that and the chalkboard wall (that I love), I couldn't help but smile if I walked through there every day.

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Working on mine!! Yours is AWESOME!! :)

~Crystal

Anonymous said...

And to think we just wrote ours on a sheet of paper...Really creative.

Anonymous said...

I loved this so much I was completely inspired (blatantly copied) to make one of my own. You can check it out here:http://phaedrasadventures.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-to-do-list.html

Sara said...

I just LOVE your summer list!! You have such a cute site!! Following you now! ;)

Little Wonders' Days said...

Oh my goodness!! This is fun and beautiful. I love your list and how you did it. Thanks so much for linking it up to the Summer Bucket List Party!

Brandi said...

OMGosh! I LOVE these lists! I think I will be making mine this weekend!!!

Partycraft Secrets said...

I LOVE this idea - I'd love to 'pin-it'

Best wishes,
Linda

http://partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com/

http://mylittlehappies.blogspot.com said...

Awesome idea-thanks so much for sharing! We created a dry erase board to practice words at bath time and love it--this takes it to a whole other level!! :) I'm borrowing your idea but will give you all the credit. Thanks again for the inspiration!!

http://mylittlehappies.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic idea-thank you so much for sharing!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin