Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Welcome Lisa from Before Meets After!


Hi FOTF readers! I am so excited to be guest posting for Rachelle! Her blog is amazing and I get a lot of great ideas from her. She needs some extra bloggy love right now so make sure you send her a quick note of encouragement! I have one of my favorite projects ever to share with you today! you can visit my blog, Before Meets After, for even more too!

I love garage sale-ing. I love going through people's things and finding something I KNOW can look good.
I found this dresser at a garage sale. It was your typical UGLY brown boys dresser from.....let's say from 1988.
It even had those horrible handles that should be outlawed!
I got home and was so excited to show it to the hubbs. He immediately wondered why I even brought it home! This thing is a beast! It weighs a ton, but it's built very well with dovetailed drawers.
But he's not complaining now :)
I chose to paint this Duck Egg blue, a chalk paint by Annie Sloan. No sanding, priming, etc. I put only 1 coat on it and it looked amazing! After it dried, I waxed it with a clear wax.
I distressed it using my 5 in 1 Purdy tool.
When you open the drawers, there's even a sweet little surprise inside! They are lined with scrapbook paper that looks like vintage newspaper articles!
I just love this piece so much!
But of course, there's no such thing as a perfect DIY project.
The hardware on this piece gave me so much trouble :(
It was an awkward size so I decided to fill in the holes.
I then found these for half price at Hobby Lobby.
They only look like they have 2 holes, but it's the best hardware invention ever...they only have 1 center hole!!!
So other then hardware, I could turn pieces over pretty fast. But I guess it would be TOO easy then!
I hope you like it! It's for sale so click on the store tab for more info.
I'll leave you with another Before Meets After.
A real beast turned into a beauty!
After looking at this post, I realized the color looks really off. It's more of a light turquoise color!
And don't forget to enter my giveaway for a necklace from Crissy's Crafts!




5 comments:

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Love the color. I am anxiously trying out this paint. I have a large project in mind for it!

Come and enter my giveaway!http://thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com/2011/08/giveaway-you-wont-want-to-miss.html Good luck!

BabiesandBargains said...

wow what a transformation..I love the paper inside..My son would love that or maps..Thanks for the inspiration.

my family said...

love that color.I am new to your blog and now a new follower.I have been reading a few pages of your blog and found a precious little boy for the jupin family. My son has Down Syndrome also and I advocate for these precious angelsonmy blog. you know you could put a button for Reeses Rainbow on your sidebar and reach so many people. These babies need as many advocates as possible to find loving homes. Dont mean to tell you what you should dobut I am so passionate about these orphans, just a thought.
I read quite far into your blog and I will keep your family in my prayers:)

Tanya Anurag said...

Nice job. The dresser looks beautiful in blue.

Then Comes Baby K said...

I love the refinish! I'm a new follower! Visit and Follow me at http://materialgirlgreen.blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin