Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fall Mantel 2011

Here goes.

You might recall last years mantel (fantel, if you will) it's also seen here {squeel!} I had an idea to do something a little more glitzy this year and really work the glitter but, I'm on a tight spending freeze and had to work with what I had. Which is a lot of old books and broken frames. Oh, and three pumpkins. Yes three. Where the heck did the rest go? The pumpkin fairy must have stolen them.



So, it's simple. Super simple and I liked it even more because there's no orange. Don't get me wrong I love me some orange for Halloween but since that's a while away it's nice to have something a little more subtle, but still looks warm and cozy.




It's cozy right? Library chic.
Not to be confused with..Poor girl has nothing else to work with.



Hopefully I can get everything else out and find the missing pumpkins before it's Halloweens turn to take over and I switch it all. :)

Not to mention figure out something cute for the shelving next to the giant ugly box smack dab in the middle of the wall. Wait, I mean giant ugly box full of fingerprints and smudges. Yeah, that one. Someone come clean for me while I sprinkle some fall around the house, will ya?


P.S! Check out the Michaels Ad on the blog right now! You can get yourself some white pumpkins just like the ones I used for 50% off..Woohoo! Click and print buddies, click and print.

Layla and the girls are having their Fall 2011 party! Woohoo!
The Lettered Cottage

Go party on with Melissa and the crew for the Fall Nesting Party 
And Kimmie's What I Whipped up

22 comments:

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

I love the simplicity. Just beautiful!!

Krista@RustikChic said...

Really pretty!

Tina Galligan said...

I really like this! I agree with Kristin...I love the simplicity, too. :)

Calypso In The Country said...

It's nice having a break from the traditional orange - very pretty!
-Shelley

Comeca Jones said...

I like it! Very simple.

Lisa said...

Very cute Rachelle. I like simple too. I did something similar on my dining table. GL on the pumpkin search!

Hope you are doing ok. Been thinking of you.

Kelly Oribine said...

It's perfect. Simple, inviting, cozy....just what fall is all about!

the cape on the corner said...

i'm loving the term library chic. perfect!

Tauja @ Simply Mod Mom said...

Your mantel looks great! Sweet & simple!

Happy Fall!!

Melissa G said...

Crisp, clean, beautiful! I think it looks great! And I love your idea of decorating with the books.

Amy Kinser said...

Well, I think it looks great. I love the simplicity, the clean lines, the no fuss. My fall decor is going that way as well.

So nice to visit with you tonight.

Bernadette @ b3hd said...

Love the white pumpkins. Super simple and cute.

Diapers and Divas said...

Um...It's kind of fantastic!! I love the simplicity! And those frames are awesome!

michelle @ this little light said...

Simple is beautiful. Love those little white pumpkins!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

So simple and pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for fantels! I'm proudly decorating my "pantel"(piano mantel) this year :)

This is so beautiful -- simple and chic. I always say that being forced to use what you have already is a great exercise in creativity, and this is gorgeous. Love it!

Cindy said...

Very nicely done! The empty frames do look good, I haven't done that for a while, I need to, I love the look.
Hugs, Cindy

Parents of a Dozen said...

I really like everything about it. I wouldn't add a thing!!! I am your newest follower.

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

I love it! It's great...you are very creative and resourceful! Nicely done! (I sent the link to my daughter!!)

Anonymous said...

Very clean and simple; I like it!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Who says you have to have a lot of "stuff" to make a statement? Personally, I like your simple fall vignette, Rachelle.

I would love to have you link it to my party - Time Travel Thursday. The current link is up until Monday night, and you can come back on Wednesday to link a different project. ;)

Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

The Dailey Design said...

so soothing

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin