Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall Pumpkin Wreath

I know I've said it once or twice before, but I truly love fall. I just love it. It's the one season that Michigan really wins with. The leaves are amazing, it's so pretty to drive around in. Not to mention the breeze! Pumpkin patches, apple orchards..mmm.. Love it all!

So I thought hey, let's make that William Sonoma inspired pumpkin wreath that's all over pinterest floating around. Melissa made one recently and I actually liked hers better so I should say, her's is my inspiration. But with a twist..White pumpkins.

Yeah, don't look so surprised.

I actually loved the contrast of the orange to the green but none of my stores had pretty enough pumpkins. They looked way too cheap and fugly.. Whoops.. Sorry Mom. Ugly. They looked freakin ugly. So white it is. I also looked around for this moss and let me tell you something, they had bags of this moss in the back of Michaels for 5.99 a bag. BUT, if you look in the Halloween isle they have the same bags for 2.99. Steals I tell you, you just have to look. Which I usually don't so that's why I had to tell you. Ha!

Just rip sections of the moss apart and glue it on, I wont lie it's kind of a pain in the butt. Moss was flying everywhere and when the pizza guy came I'm pretty sure he thought I had tons and tons of illegal drugs on my table. Not that I would know, but I do watch Weeds a lot. Hate me.


So anyways you take your illegal looking moss and glue it on and strategically place the pumpkins on. It's as easy as that. If I were smart then I would have used a foam wreath form and left the picks of the pumpkins on so I could change it out and move them if I wanted. But, I'm cheap and already had the straw one. Live and learn, and save a buck or two on glue sticks.

These pictures are pretty bad but it's been raining like crazy here so I didn't have good lighting on the front porch, not to mention I was getting rained on while taking these pictures. :)

Dun dun dun..


 Thar she blows.
Lovely, just the right amount of fall for the door eh?

Did you miss my 2011 Fall Mantel? Well check her out too while you're at it! 
Make sure you hop on over to Rhoda's Door Decor party!

14 comments:

The Balch Bunch said...

LOVE it thats so pretty and elegant!

Mandy Jean said...

So cute! Love the moss on the door and the white pumpkins are gorgeous!!

Mandy
a37s42.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

gorgeous!

blessedbeyondmeasure said...

Looks way cute!!! Love the white pumkins, good choice!

Jessie Saxton said...

It looks fab, Rachelle!! I love the white pumpkins:) and...I agree about Michigan falls...THE BEST...but I am biased;) I am enjoying cruisin' around...by myself...waiting for the munchkins to get done with school, Pumpkin Spice Latte in hand, my Sirius Radio tuned to The Bridge (I'm a big ol' dork), enjoying the gorgeous trees:)

I'm glad your back in action. Love your blog!

Have a great week:)
Jessie

Natasha in Oz said...

I have seen these on Pinterest too. Yours looks amazing!

I wish it was Fall over here in Australia after seeing all of these gorgeous posts about Autumn all over blogland!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Unknown said...

So cute, I love how simple it is and the color scheme looks great with your door!

Unknown said...

So cute! I really like the little white pumpkins.

Nancy

Jami Nato said...

and it's edible.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I love the simplicity and naturalness of this wreath! I Don't know how I've missed your blog, but I'm following along now!

Ruth said...

Love this wreath. Simple, elegant and beautiful. Heading over to your mantle post next.

Ruth

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Cute and simple! :) One time I had some of that moss in a decorative bowl, the pumpkins that were in it were taken out by some kid of mine lol, and a friend was over. She said "ummmmmm....what is in this bowl?" haha!!!!

Karena said...

Adore this wreath!! The white pumpkins are perfect! Very elegant.

I have hooked up with Julia's Party as well!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Tanya Anurag said...

This looks so cute :) Glad you shared it here.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin