Thursday, November 17, 2011

Kitchen Backsplash

Oh how I wish I had some before-before-before pictures of this kitchen! You know when it looked like this:


But before that it was some gnarly lovely thick baby blue wallpaper which was used to cover up a horrible plaster job. The walls were pretty damaged and uneven but we lived with it for as long as we could before it was time to cover them up. (Three years later,*cough..cough*hey! Life happens)

Tile would have been nice but I wasn't up to fixing the uneven plaster job so bead board it is! Plus it was so cost efficient it's ridiculous. Something like 20.00 a sheet and we only needed two. Yes please!


Builder Dad came over and lent a hand with everything. He forgot his saw horses, but you know what? We improvised. ;)


This time we went for the thicker bead board, I like the look of it and it breaks up from the thinner bead board that goes along the sides of the cabinets.



Some plastic trim caps it off and there you go. It's lovely. Well, this wall is lovely, the other side of the room.....


That's another story. I can't even go there with you yet. Ha! Anyone else out there decide to go with bead board over tile back splash? Share your links in the comments!

10 comments:

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

I LOVE the bead-board backsplash!

We already have tile, but I am so not in love with it...It's square...I'm a subway tile girl...or beadboard!

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

I love the new backsplash! It is so unique and really pretty.

Tanya said...

Love it! Looks so nice and clean :)

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Just Lovely!
We are about to do a beadboard backsplash in our cottage that we are renovating... not only is it cheaper, I just happen to love the look.
Thanks for sharing yours...

EvA. . . said...

what a pretty kitchen :)

Comeca Jones said...

Its the cutest!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Love what you have done so far! I have "beadboard" around my kitchen. I used the paintable wallpaper for it. I love it! One roll of it did the kitchen and the bathroom. It's a thicker type of paper so if your walls are uneven it covers it. Can't wait to see what else you are up too!

JEN J said...

I have the exact same beadboard in my kitchen as my backsplash and we even continued it around the kitchen at about 6 ft tall..we LOVE it!!! We even have almost identical cabinets and hardware :) Great redo!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

We just added some to our island and cabinet sides. I love it on the backsplash and the wider planks!

Simple Simon and Company said...

We did beadboard backsplash too and are in the process of painting the cabinets. I love it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin