Tuesday, January 17, 2012

20.00 Change

Want to see how you can make a big ol' exciting change for cheap? Okay, truth be told it's not big nor is it exciting. But it is a change, and for less than the price of a night out at dinner or something equally as fun but more of a want and not a need. Which is what the Mr. keeps reminding me of during this spending freeze we're.still.in.

That got off topic fast.

Okay so the handles on the entertainment unit bugged me. Big time. I mean, to anyone visiting they might not really notice them but when you live with them every day and they're super contemporary and I'm more traditional meets vintage meets whatever sparks in my crazy mind, they weren't doin' it for me.


So home depot it was.


They're actually the same pulls that I used on the dresser because I love them so much. But that's how I spent 20.00 on a want and it made me smile a lot. It really is the little things.


I could have at least vacuumed for you huh? Oh well. This is life. Guess what else we've done to the family room? Painted! But I'll show you that later this week. Goodbye Cliveden Gray, I sure have loved you, but it's time for a change. 

How about you? Have you made any small changes to your place that weren't really necessary but made your heart happy?

17 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

oooh they make me smile too!! That reminds me I need to buy one of them to hold chalk on dd's chalkboard. (flipped upside down).

I can't think of anything specific but I do change up my place all the time, just because!

Kathy said...

OOOh yeah. Now I get it! Looks sooo much better!!

Unknown said...

Ohh I'm excited to see how you painted! I'm thinking about painting our living room & bedroom. With some of our new furniture the walls kinda look pink to me now, I no like pink walls....

Simply Tasheena said...

Great choice! They really pop now.

~Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I love bin pulls! I would totally have them in every room if I could.

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

$20 bucks well spent in my book! You are so right about the little things! Just the other day, I saw a layout of beds in a bedroom that got my mind ticking....off I went with my idea and wrenches to the boys room-and I am so happy I did. I love little changes,makes me smile too! Good Job!

Tanya Anurag said...

I can truly understand your happiness. I feel like this after even the smallest re-arrangement in the house! Isn't it good to find happiness in small things :)
Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

I like your new handles, looks more modern. Hi, nice to meet you. I love your blog! ;)
-jules

So Sunny Day said...

Love the new pulls :)

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

that turned out great http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

It is trully amazing how one little change can really make such a big impact on the overall look.
Would love to have you come link-up at Finished it Friday! Have a fabulous weekend! ~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

Kate @ craftwhatever said...

A small change, sure, but what an impact! I noticed right away and they look so nice!

Unknown said...

Cute change...and for cheap.

Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen said...

The other day my fiance was out of town and he came home to a completely rearranged living room! Guess I was bored hehe :) Good job, looks great!!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

They look great!

Love your recent posts!
Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Patrice said...

Beautiful job!

Adrienne & Lisa said...

Isnt it great how a small change like that makes it look brand new?! I love it!

Lisa
ww.pickfair.etsy.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin