Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentines Day Mantel

My most favorite favorite mantel was last years Valentines Day Mantel. I just love it. I threw the aqua in on a whim and it just worked.


I'd totally do it again this year but I used the frames for our cheap bathroom art. ;) So.. Since I didn't want to make the trip to Walmart today I thought I'd try something different.


Remember the sign that I made for Christmas? Well the fantastic thing about hot gluing letters to it meant that I could pop them off with no damage. Shhcore.


I actually painted this a while ago and then hung it up in our bedroom because I have a few things up my sleeve to show you in there but, I needed something lovey-dovey for February. There's nothing wrong with stealing from one room to help another out. Nothing wrong with that, t'all.

 




So.. Ball jars, books and flowers. It's not great.. Not my favorite. I might change it up a little bit some more but for now, it's not an empty (faux) mantel above a giant box tv.

And, the best part?

When the rest of the room looks like this..



and this..



The mantel still looks like this..



Ahh.

Did you notice we painted? Again.

*Sigh* It's a sickness, fresh paint just makes me happy.

6 comments:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Love the aqua thrown in. To much red and pink seems cheesy to me. I LOVE your sign too.

{northern cottage} said...

ohhh lovely - just simple and cute and fresh! nice!

www.NorthernCottage.net

Simply Tasheena said...

I love the V-day mantel.

~Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Mama Up! said...

I love stealing from other rooms in my house! And redoing past DIYs :) Great job!

Miss. Kayli said...

I love the mantel but I have a question: How do you keep that white couch white? I had a white ikea slip cover that I had to bleach repeatedly since we had "fingerprints on the couch" how do you do it? :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love the aqua too!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin