Monday, March 5, 2012

Master Bedroom Faux Wallpaper

Whew! I'm back with a lil' somthin somthin for the bedroom. Thanks so much for the kind words y'all. It's definitely still a project that is taking forever, I could finish it quicker but I'm a little slowly but steadily going on this one.. Here's my latest sneak peek (A long with the sign you saw on our Valentine's day Mantel. Love that sucker! I'll do a tutorial soon if you want? Maybe?)


It most definitely wasn't my genius idea.. You can thank Ms. Emily for that! She completed the whole ROOM! Whoa.


That girl has some willpower. I started to cuss about half way through my one tiny wall. :)

Anyway, you can check out her tutorial here since she did such a great job of explaining it I wont steal that thunder. But a few tips I learned along the way with mine..

Don't draw so dark with the pencil. You'll be happier later for lighter lines to cover, less coats. :)

For the first coat I used some old cheap paint we had lying around and it would have been much easier and quicker to use a better quality paint. Even though it's a small amount that you use, the thickness was something I didn't account for. Cheaper thinner paint = more coats = frustrated Rachelle. The second coat I used better paint and you could tell the difference. Oh well, live and learn.

DON'T QUIT. Seriously, when you're so close to being done and just over the whole thing, keep on chugging. It's like exercising for me, I'm all ready to go at first then over it within a week. But, it's worth it in the end. :) Or at least I'm telling myself that, give me another hour and it'll be DONE-ZO.

8 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

So chic! I saw the post title before I saw it was you and I was hoping it was an update on your MBR! Can't wait for the reveal!

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Love it...as well as your inspiration. Emily's blog is a beautiful place to stalk too:)

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE THIS! Ive been meaning to write you and tell you THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your sweet message! It truly made my week girl. I believe our hearts were connected that day. LOVE YOU! Hope you are doing well xoox

Four Marrs and One Venus said...

Oh Oh OH!!! It's going to look great! I can't wait!!! Keep on going girl- so so worth it!

Natalie said...

LOVE LOVE LOOOVE it!!!! I'm going to do this in my bathroom...can't wait! Or can I? Hahah! You did an AMAZING job!

Jami Nato said...

if only i had this kind of patience. because it's adorable.

Baju Muslim said...

Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love this look. I tried something similar in my living room, but it was waaay more spread out and a lot less cussing :) I don't know if I have the patience for what you did!

You'll be so happy it's paint when it's time to change it and you're not ripping all that paper down!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin