Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Photo-board for the kitchen.

Remember the super cute Summer-to-do-List that I made last year? It fit perfectly in the space coming into the kitchen and I was bummed out when it was gone. Left with a big empty spot on the wall with a nail hole. Boo!


So I thought.. and thunked..and played with it a little and kept going back to the original frame that I used. It was a great size for the space and I'm kind of partial to white frames.

Then it hit me!

What's better than white frames? Well.. with a touch of industrial.

Case in point. Steel!


Add some pictures and you're golden! I thought about using this as a Memo board.. But we have the cork board right over yonder and I don't want every open space in our house to be cluttered with papers..calenders..notes etc. But, I'm definitely down for seeing the faces of my favorite people every day when I come and go from the kitchen!



I really like how the metal looks against the chalkboard.



I just love it.

Right now it's only got a few pictures on it. I'm totally that mom who hasn't printed a picture in forever and a day, but I'm getting better! Because of this picture board.. I already ordered some prints online! Whohoo! It's already making me a better person.


But for now I'll enjoy some from when Chloe-girl was a tiny chunker and I was young and tan. :)



7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie said...

love it girl! What a fun makeover!

Smiles,
Melanie

Reasons To Skip The Housework {The Blog}
Tinker B Boutique {The Shop}

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Yay for printing out some pictures. A better person? How could you get any better, girl!? Cute pics!!

Unknown said...

Oh its soooo great Rachelle!
Btw, I love that you have an average sized home and make it beautiful. We live in an expensive city and houses are typically around 1500sq ft. In blogland houses are huge and have high ceilings, it's hard to get comparable inspiration. Yours I can always relate to!

Lindsay said...

This turned out so cute. I LOVE it!!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Love the photos... and I still plan on doing a summer list for my girls when they get older. I love that idea! Have a fabulous weekend!
~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

Aramelle {One Wheeler's World} said...

That turned out great! I love any opportunity to get more personal photos spread around our house. :) I am curious...where did you get the steel? I've been wanting to do some magnet boards in our kitchen but can't seem to figure out where I would buy the steel.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin