Monday, September 28, 2009

Halloween Decor

Have I mentioned before that I luh-uh-uh-ve Halloween? I love it. It's my most favorite Holiday ever! My favorite movie is Hocus Pocus. My favorite season is Autumn. When I was a little girl my grandparents always took me for the first weekend of October to this camp site that would host a huge Halloween weekend (weeks before hand so more people could join) Fridays would be a big dinner, Saturdays were trick or treating & hay rides and Sundays were the biggest/best pumpkin votes. I loved it. I looked forward to it every October. We even took LB1 last year, this year we aren't able to make it and it breaks my heart. :( I still can picture the princess costume I wore one year. Remember those creepy plastic masks with the eye cutouts. Haha, I looked pretty scary, but at the time I probably felt like the coolest kid in the trailer park camp ground. :)


Okay enough reminiscing. I love Halloween, you get that. This year while Mr. P was away I was able to decorate more. Basically when you let the dog off the leash they run.


I ran.

Love my spooky pictures? So easy to do, I googled vintage Halloween and so many cool photos came up! I printed them out on plain old white paper and slipped them in the frames. I love the black, whites, creams and the pop of the orange. Like the girls' silhouettes? Let me show you how to make them.
Grab these things.
Halloween scrapbook paper, I used Martha Stewart. 10.00 for the book at Meijer. Some scissors and tape.



Cut into a witches hat shape and two tiny little horns. I stuck it straight to the glass. A little 3D love goin' on.

It's that easy! Now quickly, go turn your pictures into spooky art!







Happy fall ya'll
DIY Day @ ASPTL


Also linking up to Rhoda's fall party! Go check em out!





The DIY Show Off



Check out the girls at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday!


26 comments:

Enchantresses Three said...

I am so going to copy you!!! Adorible!
Hugs,
Sariah

Dresser Girl said...

I love it! I'm googling Vintage Halloween right now!

cherry said...

Hi there..came over from Just a girls..what a cute idea..and I collect silhouettes! Just got one of my son done at Disneyworld. I am gonna have to add u to my blog roll. cherry

Jen V said...

I am in love with the silhouette you framed (I have 2 girls) and I love how you added the 3D hat! Where did you find the silhouette download? I NEED ONE:)

You are super awesome - can't wait to share more Halloweeny stuff with each other!!

Anne said...

I love the idea of using vintage photos!

Mandy said...

very cute!
I love halloween, too!

Ticking and Toile said...

Very cute! Love all the work you've done on your adorable cottage!! The kitchen transformation is amazing!

Take care

Shellagh

Amber B. said...

The decorate silhouettes are so cute. Love your spooky art!

Crystal said...

I love your silhouettes. Such a cute idea.
-Crystal

Leanne said...

I love them, especially the silhouettes. What acute idea. I should put the horns on my 14 year old. THanks for sharing. I'm having a giveaway today. Stop by and enter if you get the chance.

The McCrays said...

This is great! I love the cute silhouettes,Great Job!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Love the silhouettes with a witches hat. What a cute idea. I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com Grab my "featured" button.

Barbara Jean said...

too cute!!

blessings

barbara jean

Roeshel said...

Where have I been? How did I miss this? I'm a huge fan of pretty scrapbook paper projects and this is so cute! Love how you did the silhouette! It's adorable!

Roeshel :)

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I would have copied a picture, but for some reason I can't. I don't know if it is my computer or your settings, but I loved the idea and had to pass it on!

Marie said...

Hello Rachelle - lovin' that fabulous Fall shelf! Great job!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the paper wrapped candles, and especially the silhouettes. Such a great idea!!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of adding witch hats and horns to existing pics. What a fun touch!

Almost Always said...

super cute! i love your Halloween decor. ideas. they are the perfect touch....not too over the top, they are subtle and stylish!

Wendy said...

the hat and horns are such a great idea...i think i'm going to have to do that!

Brittany said...

too cute, love it!

Anonymous said...

Very cute ideas.

trish said...

What a cute idea! I love how you incorporated your children. :o)

Unknown said...

You have some very cute ideas!

Heather said...

Hi! I enjoyed your post so much that I featured it on my blog yesterday. Feel free to snag my "I Was Featured" button. Thanks for sharing your cute mantle!!

Heather
The Gift Closet
www.thegiftcloset.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super cute love the hat and devil horns.

www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin